OpenVMS on HP ZX2000 - VMS

This is a discussion on OpenVMS on HP ZX2000 - VMS ; I've recently acquired an HP ZX2000 and my web searching says that I should be able to run OpenVMS on it though it's not supported. My config has a 40 GB EIDE disk, 1 GB RAM and an ATI Radeon ...

  1. OpenVMS on HP ZX2000

    I've recently acquired an HP ZX2000 and my web searching says that I
    should be able to run OpenVMS on it though it's not supported.

    My config has a 40 GB EIDE disk, 1 GB RAM and an ATI Radeon 7000 AGP
    graphics. I upgraded the firmware to the latest available (2.31). I
    am a DECUS member so I can get a hobbyist license apparently.

    1) Where can I get VMS install media?

    2) Any problems running with EIDE disk?

    3) I saw some references to using a Radeon 7500 gfx card bu it was
    unclear whether it should be AGP or PCI?

    Thanks in advance for any info!

  2. Re: OpenVMS on HP ZX2000

    On Wed, 14 May 2008, Gordon Zaft wrote:

    > 1) Where can I get VMS install media?

    Buy from http://www.openvmshobbyist.org or borrow from a friend.
    Actually it turns out that openvmshobbyist.org doesn't have IA64 kits
    yet.

    > 2) Any problems running with EIDE disk?

    dunno

    --

    Rob Brown b r o w n a t g m c l d o t c o m
    G. Michaels Consulting Ltd. (780)438-9343 (voice)

  3. Re: OpenVMS on HP ZX2000

    I think you want the PCI card for graphics.

    Ask questions on the hobbyist forums.

    http://www.openvmshobbyist.org/forum/index.php

    there are other people out there trying to get VMS on similar hardware

+ Reply to Thread