OT Something pretty cool. - VMS

This is a discussion on OT Something pretty cool. - VMS ; I don't usually post off-topic stuff, but this is pretty cool. A guy at HP (Stan Williams) has invented something that had been predicted back in 1971 - a "memristor", Very, very seriously cool. http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/s...leID=207403521 Or for something a little ...

  1. OT Something pretty cool.

    I don't usually post off-topic stuff, but this is pretty cool.

    A guy at HP (Stan Williams) has invented something that had been predicted
    back in 1971 - a "memristor", Very, very seriously cool.

    http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/s...leID=207403521

    Or for something a little 'different' (on the same subject):

    http://www.popsci.com/scitech/articl...le-electronics

  2. Re: OT Something pretty cool.

    On May 1, 2:28*pm, "FredK" wrote:
    > I don't usually post off-topic stuff, but this is pretty cool.
    >
    > A guy at HP (Stan Williams) has invented something that had been predicted
    > back in 1971 - a "memristor", *Very, very seriously cool.
    >
    > http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/s...essionid=1BAWQ...
    >
    > Or for something a little 'different' (on the same subject):
    >
    > http://www.popsci.com/scitech/articl...ers-potential-...

    The forth passive element ---- very cool indeed.

    Here's hoping they'll name the fifth element, when discovered: LEELOO.

    Thanks for the links Fred.

  3. Re: OT Something pretty cool.

    DaveG wrote:

    > The forth passive element ---- very cool indeed.
    >
    > Here's hoping they'll name the fifth element, when discovered: LEELOO.

    Leeloo's full name is/will be:
    "Leeloo Minai Lekarariba-Laminai-Tchai Ekbat De Sebat"

  4. Re: OT Something pretty cool.

    JF Mezei wrote:

    > DaveG wrote:
    >
    > > The forth passive element ---- very cool indeed.
    > >
    > > Here's hoping they'll name the fifth element, when discovered: LEELOO.

    > Leeloo's full name is/will be:
    > "Leeloo Minai Lekarariba-Laminai-Tchai Ekbat De Sebat"

    Too bad Plavala Guna got bumped off. Wouldn't you love to hear that at
    Ravinia?

    D.J.D.

    "Gimme the cash!"

    "Sir, please put your hands in the yellow circles."
    "Smoke You!"
    "Wrong answer."

    "The stones are in me."

    "Is Leeloo in trouble?"
    "When is Leeloo not in trouble, Father?"

    "We're never gonna make it. *Sigh*"

    "Theoretically, ..."
    "...no."

    "Aziz! Light!"

    "You're a monster, Zorg."
    "I know."

    F.Y.I.: "Zorg" = the "Prisoner of Azkaban" (Sirius Black - same actor)

    "Just like driving a cab."

  5. Re: OT Something pretty cool.

    But you missed the best quote from the movie: "Whoa, lady, I only speak two
    languages, English and bad English"

    I use it all the time.

    Other memorable lines:

    Police: Are you classified as human?
    Korben Dallas: Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

    DJ Ruby Rhod: What was that honey? It was BAD! It had no fire, no energy, no
    nothing! So tomorrow from 5 to 7 will you PLEASE act like you have more than
    a two word vocabulary. It must be green.
    Korben Dallas: Can I talk to you for a second?
    [Throws Ruby up against a wall]
    Korben Dallas: I didn't come here to play Pumbaa on the radio. So tomorrow
    from 5 to 7 your gonna give yourself a hand, green?
    DJ Ruby Rhod: Supergreen.

    "David J Dachtera" wrote in message
    > JF Mezei wrote:
    >>
    >> DaveG wrote:
    >>
    >> > The forth passive element ---- very cool indeed.
    >> >
    >> > Here's hoping they'll name the fifth element, when discovered: LEELOO.

    >> Leeloo's full name is/will be:
    >> "Leeloo Minai Lekarariba-Laminai-Tchai Ekbat De Sebat"

    > Too bad Plavala Guna got bumped off. Wouldn't you love to hear that at
    > Ravinia?
    >
    > D.J.D.
    >
    > "Gimme the cash!"
    >
    > "Sir, please put your hands in the yellow circles."
    > "Smoke You!"
    > "Wrong answer."
    >
    > "The stones are in me."
    >
    > "Is Leeloo in trouble?"
    > "When is Leeloo not in trouble, Father?"
    >
    > "We're never gonna make it. *Sigh*"
    >
    > "Theoretically, ..."
    > "...no."
    >
    > "Aziz! Light!"
    >
    > "You're a monster, Zorg."
    > "I know."
    >
    > F.Y.I.: "Zorg" = the "Prisoner of Azkaban" (Sirius Black - same actor)
    >
    > "Just like driving a cab."

  6. Re: OT Something pretty cool.

    In article ,
    "FredK" writes:

    > DJ Ruby Rhod: What was that honey? It was BAD! It had no fire, no energy, no
    > nothing! So tomorrow from 5 to 7 will you PLEASE act like you have more than
    > a two word vocabulary. It must be green.
    > Korben Dallas: Can I talk to you for a second?
    > [Throws Ruby up against a wall]
    > Korben Dallas: I didn't come here to play Pumbaa on the radio. So tomorrow
    > from 5 to 7 your gonna give yourself a hand, green?
    > DJ Ruby Rhod: Supergreen.

    Wow. Apparently this script was written by the proverbial room full
    of monkeys with typewriters in their search for the complete works of
    Shakespeare.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include