copy/ftp to with wildcard source - VMS

This is a discussion on copy/ftp to with wildcard source - VMS ; Is there a way to do in a procedure: $COPY/FTP ... remote:..partialname_*.txt * (In this case the rest of the string is a date_stamp and varies, especially on the weekend)? This is equivalent to mget remote:..partialname_*.txt but without the prompt ...

  1. copy/ftp to with wildcard source

    Is there a way to do in a procedure:
    $COPY/FTP ... remote:..partialname_*.txt *

    (In this case the rest of the string is a date_stamp and varies,
    especially on the weekend)?

    This is equivalent to
    mget remote:..partialname_*.txt

    but without the prompt and YorN responses.

    Or is there another way to do this blind from batch?

  2. Re: copy/ftp to with wildcard source

    norm.raphael@metso.com wrote:

    > Is there a way to do in a procedure:
    > $COPY/FTP ... remote:..partialname_*.txt *
    >
    > (In this case the rest of the string is a date_stamp and varies,
    > especially on the weekend)?
    >
    > This is equivalent to
    > mget remote:..partialname_*.txt
    >
    > but without the prompt and YorN responses.
    >
    > Or is there another way to do this blind from batch?

    You can do it with ftp and a take file -

    $ ! ftp example procedure using a take file
    $ create take.file
    verbose
    exit-on-error on
    mget *.txt
    exit
    $ !
    $ mu ftp /user=corbett/pass=N1K0NBROKEN/take=take.file alcor.process.com
    $ !
    $ exit

    regards
    Mike

    Michael Corbett Email: Corbett@process.com
    Process Software Phone: 800 722-7770 x369
    959 Concord St. 508 879-6994 x369
    Framingham MA 01701-4682 FAX: 508 879-0042

  3. Re: copy/ftp to with wildcard source

    Norm -

    I'd suggest changing the to build a second procedure which is then
    executed by the existing procedure. To build the second procedure, use
    f$search (in a loop?) to find the exact names of the file(s) that you
    want to transfer and create precise copy/ftp lines from that.

    - ken

    --
    - Ken
    Ken Connelly Associate Director, Security and Systems

+ Reply to Thread