VAX 6310 Free to a good home - VMS

This is a discussion on VAX 6310 Free to a good home - VMS ; San Jose. Pick it up and its yours. VMS 5.5-2. Working order....

  1. VAX 6310 Free to a good home

    San Jose. Pick it up and its yours. VMS 5.5-2. Working order.

  2. Re: VAX 6310 Free to a good home

    kiwi wrote:
    > San Jose. Pick it up and its yours. VMS 5.5-2. Working order.

    Boy, talking about a heater... and just try and move it into your
    basement...

  3. Re: VAX 6310 Free to a good home

    Michael Austin wrote:
    > kiwi wrote:
    >> San Jose. Pick it up and its yours. VMS 5.5-2. Working order.
    >>

    > Boy, talking about a heater... and just try and move it into your
    > basement...

    Just try picking it up without a forklift!

  4. Re: VAX 6310 Free to a good home

    On May 2, 8:39*am, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    wrote:
    > Michael Austin wrote:
    > > kiwi wrote:
    > >> San Jose. Pick it up and its yours. VMS 5.5-2. Working order.

    > > Boy, talking about a heater... and just try and move it into your
    > > basement...

    > Just try picking it up without a forklift!

    Would make a nice closet/Changing Rm for a small apartment

    Dave

  5. Re: VAX 6310 Free to a good home

    BaxterD@tessco.com wrote:
    > On May 2, 8:39 am, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Michael Austin wrote:

    >>>Boy, talking about a heater... and just try and move it into your
    >>>basement...

    >>Just try picking it up without a forklift!

    > Would make a nice closet/Changing Rm for a small apartment
    >
    > Dave

    Or a nice mini-bar...

    --
    John Santos
    Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.

  6. Re: VAX 6310 Free to a good home

    "John Santos" wrote in message
    > BaxterD@tessco.com wrote:
    > > On May 2, 8:39 am, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    > > wrote:

    > >>Just try picking it up without a forklift!

    > > Would make a nice closet/Changing Rm for a small apartment
    > >
    > > Dave

    > Or a nice mini-bar...

    I took a set of cast off VAX 6000 racks and "chopped" (ala hot rod
    chopping a car - take a mid section out to shorten) them down into a very
    sturdy welding table.
    --
    Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
    Control-G Consultants

  7. Re: VAX 6310 Free to a good home

    On May 3, 8:35*am, "Lee K. Gleason" wrote:
    > "John Santos" wrote in message

    > > Baxt...@tessco.com wrote:

    > > > Would make a nice closet/Changing Rm for a small apartment

    > > > Dave

    > > Or a nice mini-bar...

    > * I took a set of cast offVAX6000 racks and "chopped" (ala hot rod
    > chopping a car - take a mid section out to shorten) them down into a very
    > sturdy welding table.
    > --
    > Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
    > Control-G Consultants

    Ya. Off the chop-shop it goes....

  8. Re: VAX 6310 Free to a good home

    Michael Austin wrote:
    > kiwi wrote:
    >> San Jose. Pick it up and its yours. VMS 5.5-2. Working order.
    >>

    > Boy, talking about a heater... and just try and move it into your
    > basement...

    Try as I might, I couldn't get the wife to allow me to bring home a 6640
    my former employer was retiring. I had garage space for it, just no
    way to get three phase power to it.

  9. Re: VAX 6310 Free to a good home

    On Fri, 16 May 2008 08:20:01 -0700, Marty Kuhrt
    wrote:

    > Michael Austin wrote:
    >> kiwi wrote:
    >>> San Jose. Pick it up and its yours. VMS 5.5-2. Working order.
    >>>

    >> Boy, talking about a heater... and just try and move it into your
    >> basement...

    > Try as I might, I couldn't get the wife to allow me to bring home a 6640
    > my former employer was retiring. I had garage space for it, just no
    > way to get three phase power to it.

    There may have been a way to rewire it, some computers had that ability,
    IR.

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com