DECdts getting time from NTP - VMS

This is a discussion on DECdts getting time from NTP - VMS ; I'm trying to set up my DECdts server to acquire time from an NTP server, running on a unix box on the local net. I followed Appendix C.1 from DECdts Management manual (2005, version 2.0). I cannot find any of ...

  1. DECdts getting time from NTP

    I'm trying to set up my DECdts server to acquire time
    from an NTP server, running on a unix box on the local net.

    I followed Appendix C.1 from DECdts Management manual (2005,
    version 2.0). I cannot find any of the 4 files mentioned
    in the manual, in sys$examples:

    dtss$provider_ntp.c
    dtss$provider_ntp.exe
    run_ntp_tp.com
    start_detached_ntp_tp.com

    I searched with DIRECTORY [*...]*ntp*

    Could it be that I didn't install these files during VMS installation?

    Could it be something to do with me using Educational license?

    many thanks
    anton

    --
    Anton Shterenlikht
    Room 2.6, Queen's Building

  2. Re: DECdts getting time from NTP

    They are not on my systems either but see SMS updated versions at

    http://antinode.org/dec/sw/dtss_ntp.html

+ Reply to Thread