Boot Camp Update - VMS

This is a discussion on Boot Camp Update - VMS ; Dear Newsgroup, The following is the update I sent out yesterday. There are a few changes today Folks registered 181 Seats committed 4 Seats remaining 15 And one more country was added, Italy with 2 folks attending that gives us ...

  1. Boot Camp Update

    Dear Newsgroup,

    The following is the update I sent out yesterday. There are a few
    changes today

    Folks registered 181
    Seats committed 4
    Seats remaining 15

    And one more country was added, Italy with 2 folks attending that
    gives us a total of 21 countries.

    Warm regards as always,
    Sue

    As, we do each week here is the Boot Camp update. It is coming down
    to the wire now.

    Thank you for your support.

    http://www.hp.com/go/openvms/bootcamp

    Folks Registered 172
    Seats committed 7
    Seats remaining 21

    Boot Camp Roundhouse is now fill with no extra spaces

    Pre-Seminars

    CIFS - SESSION FULL

    DT session being held twice once on
    Monday & Tuesday with 11 people 7 seats remaining
    Thursday & Friday 19 people signed up (SESSION FULL)

    Sizing Storage Arrays session we have 6 folks signed up with 9
    available seats

    The boot camp is a world wide event and we have attendees from the
    following countries.

    England 6
    Sweden 24
    Russia 12
    Austria 4
    Scotland 1
    Canada 5
    Switzerland 6
    Germany 9
    Netherlands 7
    Norway 1
    Singapore 1
    Malaysia 1
    Argentina 1
    Belgium 1
    Lithuania 1
    Australia 1
    France 2
    Ireland 2
    Barbados 1
    US - the rest

    Warm Regards,
    Sue

  2. Re: Boot Camp Update

    In article <69535aba-93aa-4307-afae-d6e5898284fe@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, Sue writes:

    > Sweden 24

    I'm curious about this; why so many from Sweden ?

    Does Sweden have a large base of VMS systems ?

    Simon.

    Microsoft: Bringing you 1980's technology to a 21st century world

  3. Re: Boot Camp Update

    In article , clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP (Simon Clubley) writes:
    > In article <69535aba-93aa-4307-afae-d6e5898284fe@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, Sue writes:
    >>
    >> Sweden 24

    > I'm curious about this; why so many from Sweden ?
    >
    > Does Sweden have a large base of VMS systems ?

    Those Sweeds are smart folks and the dollar is low. Good reason to
    be using VMS and come over here.

  4. Re: Boot Camp Update

    Simon Clubley wrote:
    > In article <69535aba-93aa-4307-afae-d6e5898284fe@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, Sue writes:
    >> Sweden 24

    > I'm curious about this; why so many from Sweden ?
    >
    > Does Sweden have a large base of VMS systems ?
    >
    > Simon.

    Yes, many larger companies here has large VMS installations.
    IKEA, Nasdaq/OM (stock systems), car mgfs, Ericsson, some
    steel companies. And we are clever folks also... :-)

    Jan-Erik.
    (Staring up a larger VMS assignment as we speek...)

  5. Re: Boot Camp Update

    and they have the magnificent Elk :-)

  6. Re: Boot Camp Update

    On Apr 30, 10:14*am, Jan-Erik Söderholm
    wrote:
    > Simon Clubley wrote:
    > > In article <69535aba-93aa-4307-afae-d6e589828...@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups..com>,Sue writes:
    > >> Sweden 24

    > > I'm curious about this; why so many from Sweden ?

    > > Does Sweden have a large base of VMS systems ?

    > > Simon.

    > Yes, many larger companies here has large VMS installations.
    > IKEA, Nasdaq/OM (stock systems), car mgfs, Ericsson, some
    > steel companies. And we are clever folks also... :-)
    >
    > Jan-Erik.
    > (Staring up a larger VMS assignment as we speek...)

    I have been to Sweden several times for the OpenVMS Technical Update
    days, they have great customers, great OpenVMS Ambassadors and coming
    to a good event during a good exchange rate sounds like a win win to
    me. Also Sweden is headquarters to many international companies. In
    the US you have NY, LA, Chicago. Europe has different capitals of
    different countries.

    I am excited to see so many of my friends again.

    Sue

  7. Re: Boot Camp Update

    On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Simon Clubley
    wrote:
    > In article <69535aba-93aa-4307-afae-d6e5898284fe@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, Sue writes:
    > >
    > > Sweden 24

    > I'm curious about this; why so many from Sweden ?
    >
    > Does Sweden have a large base of VMS systems ?
    >
    > Simon.
    >
    > --
    > Simon Clubley, clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
    > Microsoft: Bringing you 1980's technology to a 21st century world

    Does the name IKEA ring a bell?

    I've been told that every IKEA store has a small Alphaserver in it.

    WWWebb

  8. Re: Boot Camp Update

    "William Webb" wrote in message

    > Does the name IKEA ring a bell?
    >
    > I've been told that every IKEA store has a small Alphaserver in it.
    >
    > WWWebb

    Yap, it's true.

    Best, Gorazd

  9. Re: Boot Camp Update

    Gorazd Kikelj wrote:
    > "William Webb" wrote in message
    >> Does the name IKEA ring a bell?
    >>
    >> I've been told that every IKEA store has a small Alphaserver in it.

    Itanium by now, AFAIK.

    And a large VMS center i Sweden.

    >> WWWebb

    > Yap, it's true.