Hi,

are there any new about the RMS fatal error ?

I continue to have:

%RMS-F-BUG, fatal RMS condition (FFFFFFF8), process deleted

when more conversion channels that call Sophos executable are running.

I have experienced the following situation:

OpenVMS Alpha 7.3-2 works fine
OpenVMS Alpha 7.3-2 with the most recent patches produces the error
OpenVMS Alpha 8.2 works fine
OpenVMS Alpha 8.2 with some patches produces the error
OpenVMS Alpha 8.3 produces the error
OpenVMS Itanium 8.3-1 produces the error
OpenVMS Itanium 8.3-1H produces the error

I have tried the most recent patches for RMS, but such patches
apparently are the cause of the error !

Infact such patches introduce error in 7.3-2 e 8.2 ! (see above)
8.3... is already patched... apparently.... :-(
(Thank you, HP !)

This problem is present at least since January when I
posted a message to info-pmdf and I got some suggestion to better
investigate the problem.

I can reproduce the error when I want, on both Alpha or Itanium.

Regards,
Francesco