From: Marc Van Dyck

> What is the most sensible way to synchronize the time in a mid-size
> OpenVMS farm today ?
>
> - Use NTP everywhere and forget the rest ?
> - Use DTSS with an NTP time provider ?
> - Synchronize time on internet time server ?
> - Use a radio time source ?
> - ...

Probably "Use NTP everywhere and forget the rest". I "Use DTSS with
an NTP time provider", mostly because of inertia. I have a bunch of old
VAX systems (with multiple system disks) which have been using DTSS for
many years, and I've been too lazy to reconfigure all of them to use
NTP.

Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-org
382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
Saint Paul MN 55105-2547