From: koehler@eisner.nospam.encompasserve.org (Bob Koehler)

> VMS will respond if you just want to open a.b.c, anyhow. If the FTP
> client won't let you ask for it, get another one. If the FTP server
> screws it up, get a better stack.

Thanks so much for the helpful advice. As for a better FTP client, I
was trying to get one fixed. As for the FTP server, how will my getting
a better one fix all the other bad ones in the world?

> However, some clients have techniques that will allow the user to
> enter the RFC level command, try "quote".

Perhaps _you_ should try it before wasting anyone else's time with
yet another so-helpful suggestion.

Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-org
382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
Saint Paul MN 55105-2547