Max drive size for HSZ22 ? - VMS

This is a discussion on Max drive size for HSZ22 ? - VMS ; Hi. I have an AlphaServer 4100 running OpenVMS Alpha 7.3 connected to an dual redundant HSZ22. I don't know how to tell what the controller version number might be. I have to use a PC with two serial cables and ...

  1. Max drive size for HSZ22 ?

    Hi.

    I have an AlphaServer 4100 running OpenVMS Alpha 7.3 connected to an dual
    redundant HSZ22. I don't know how to tell what the controller version number
    might be. I have to use a PC with two serial cables and run an old DEC program
    to be able to make changes to the controller.

    What is the largest disk size and largest raidset size that will work with
    the HSZ22 ?

    P.S.
    I can use a 300GB disk inside the SBB, but the SBB is connected to a "normal"
    scsi controller on the Alpha and not the HSZ22.

    I know that the maximum disk size for an HSD50 (HSO5 5.7) (scsi to dssi)
    controller will support 36G. Using 73G disks causes two devices to show
    up under OpenVMS VAX V6.2 (Dua17 & Dka17)

    I know that on a VAXstation 4000-96 running OpenVMS VAX V6.2 with upto date
    patches will support a directly connected drive maximum size of 36GB.

    Connecting a 73GB disk directly to this will actually mount and read data
    but as soon as you INIT, Create/Dir, or Create file, the system crashes
    unless your running a new OS Version.

  2. Re: Max drive size for HSZ22 ?

    Muddflapp Mohican wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > I have an AlphaServer 4100 running OpenVMS Alpha 7.3 connected to an dual
    > redundant HSZ22. I don't know how to tell what the controller version
    > number
    > might be.

    Try "SHOW THIS" and "SHOW OTHER" both SHOULD be at the same firmware rev.

  3. Re: Max drive size for HSZ22 ?

    Muddflapp Mohican wrote:

    > Connecting a 73GB disk directly to this will actually mount and read data
    > but as soon as you INIT, Create/Dir, or Create file, the system crashes
    > unless your running a new OS Version.

    And why aren't you ?

  4. Re: Max drive size for HSZ22 ?

+ Reply to Thread