What you need to know about Intel's Nehalem CPU

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paed...ut-nehalem.ars

In some ways, Nehalem is Intel's most significant processor since the
Pentium 4, insofar as it signifies a major shift for the company's x86
strategy. The ill-fated Pentium 4 was a relatively radical design
conceived with clockspeed in mind. Nehalem, in contrast, is a more
progressive evolution of Intel's existing, mobile-oriented Core 2
products; all of its changes are made with a view to exploiting the
large amounts of parallelism that Moore's Law affords at the 45nm
process node and to taking advantage of QPI's bandwidth.

Peers at my place of employment have told me that this chip contains
many technolgies developed by the DEC Alpha engineers hired by Intel
after HPQ's Alphacide. I have found nothing online to support this
claim but maybe someone out there knows the truth and will post it
here.

Neil Rieck
Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge,
Ontario, Canada.