Re: DEC 3000/400 firmware update - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: DEC 3000/400 firmware update - VMS ; wrote in message news:021784e5-ae61-4ecd-bfb8-07c40ea10306@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > The files provided by HP only cover the update via floppy, BOOTP or > MOP. Funny -- I'm not aware of a single DEC 3000 that has a floppy > drive. The floppy is not ...

  1. Re: DEC 3000/400 firmware update

    wrote in message

    > The files provided by HP only cover the update via floppy, BOOTP or
    > MOP. Funny -- I'm not aware of a single DEC 3000 that has a floppy
    > drive. The floppy is not an option and the BOOTP or MOP procedures
    > require a working installation of OpenVMS or Tru64.

    Have you not got another box somewhere that you can use as a
    BOOTP/TFTP server? I doubt the system will care very much
    what the boot server is.

  2. Re: DEC 3000/400 firmware update

    On Apr 17, 12:48 pm, "Richard Brodie" wrote:
    > wrote in message

    > > The files provided by HP only cover the update via floppy, BOOTP or
    > > MOP. Funny -- I'm not aware of a single DEC 3000 that has a floppy
    > > drive. The floppy is not an option and the BOOTP or MOP procedures
    > > require a working installation of OpenVMS or Tru64.

    > Have you not got another box somewhere that you can use as a
    > BOOTP/TFTP server? I doubt the system will care very much
    > what the boot server is.

    Perhaps. I've never done an update via bootp before, but I will try
    it soon if I can't put my hands on the CD. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread