Min FW to run 146GB in HSG80 - VMS

This is a discussion on Min FW to run 146GB in HSG80 - VMS ; Subject says it all. What is the minimum Firmware version needed to run 146GB drives in an HSG80? Is there a limit to the size of the drive? TIA Tom -- PL/I for OpenVMS www.kednos.com...

  1. Min FW to run 146GB in HSG80

    Subject says it all. What is the minimum Firmware version

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  2. Re: Min FW to run 146GB in HSG80

    On Apr 17, 8:31 am, "Tom Linden" wrote:
    > Subject says it all. What is the minimum Firmware version
    > needed to run 146GB drives in an HSG80? Is there a limit to
    > the size of the drive?

    V8.6 works, and I think someone mentioned that in an
    earlier thread as being the minimum. V8.8-3 was the
    last version that I saw released.

    -Ken

  3. Re: Min FW to run 146GB in HSG80

    On Apr 17, 11:31*am, "Tom Linden" wrote:
    > Subject says it all. *What is the minimum Firmware version
    > needed to run 146GB drives in an HSG80? *Is there a limit to
    > the size of the drive?

    I just checked the release notes for v8.5, and it *DOES NOT* support
    anything beyond 36gb drives. That corrects a comment I made here the
    other day.

    So, Ken is correct. You need v8.6 at a minimum.

    I haven't tried using anything larger than 146gb disks. In prior
    versions of the ACS if you put in a drive that wasn't supported you
    would not create any problems. So, go forth and experiment.

  4. Re: Min FW to run 146GB in HSG80

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:47:57 -0700, wrote:

    > On Apr 17, 8:31 am, "Tom Linden" wrote:
    >> Subject says it all. What is the minimum Firmware version
    >> needed to run 146GB drives in an HSG80? Is there a limit to
    >> the size of the drive?
    >>

    > V8.6 works, and I think someone mentioned that in an
    > earlier thread as being the minimum. V8.8-3 was the
    > last version that I saw released.

    Well I have V88F-4 on mine, but this was for another
    HSG80

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  5. Re: Min FW to run 146GB in HSG80

    On Apr 17, 6:27*pm, "Tom Linden" wrote:
    > Well I have *V88F-4 *on mine, but this was for another
    > HSG80

    All HSG80s are created equal. The -n is the patch level, and the
    patches are available on HP's web site.

    http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/s...its/index.html

    There's a link on the left side of that page labelled "ACS 8.8
    patches".

+ Reply to Thread