OpenVMS Technical Journal Now Available V11 - VMS

This is a discussion on OpenVMS Technical Journal Now Available V11 - VMS ; Dear Distribution lists http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/index.html Welcome to V11 of the OpenVMS Technical Journal. As you may know this technical journal is done on a completely voluntary basis and hence "our other work" can take priority. I would like to personally thank ...

  1. OpenVMS Technical Journal Now Available V11

    Dear Distribution lists

    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/index.html

    Welcome to V11 of the OpenVMS Technical Journal. As you may know this
    technical journal is done on a completely voluntary basis and hence
    "our other work" can take priority. I would like to personally thank
    the team that makes the OpenVMS Technical Journal possible, you are
    truly a gift.
    In this version you will find many articles that will interest you.

    Aklila (OpenVMS Engineering) has written a great article on Host Based
    Minimerge and Automatic Minicopy, then we have an excellent customer
    story from Flugger and how they Modernized their OpenVMS Applications.
    Bruce Claremont has written an article on the DCL Lexical F$GETQUI. We
    also have an article on RMS Collector for T4 and friends written by
    Gorazd.

    We have two articles written by OpenVMS Ambassadors in the journal.
    The first is Hints and Tricks when Using Dynamic Volume Expansion
    (DVE) on OpenVMS Systems by Rob Eulenstein and the second written by
    John Edelemann on the topic of WebSphere MQ and OpenVMS Failover
    Sets.

    Articles are available as in PDF or HTML format. If you choose to
    print the entire document it is 77 pages long.

    We would appreciate your feedback not only on this issue but the
    OpenVMS Technical Journal as a whole. Your feedback is what keeps the
    authors and the team going

    Warm Regards,
    Editor team

  2. Re: OpenVMS Technical Journal Now Available V11

    Sue,

    Thank you for this. I always find the OpenVMS Technical Journals
    enjoyable. One slight problem, though....

    The article on F$GETQUI references an earlier OpenVMS Technical Journal,
    yet clicking on that URL brings us back to this *current* journal.

    Clearly the problem is that these Journals are re-using the *same* URL
    for each new version of the Journal, and the author of the article on
    F$GETQUI fell straight into the trap that this technique created.

    We need to be more professional about this. URLs have to work, other-
    wise they are useless. URLs to old journals must be unique, accessible,
    and must be provided, and all current and former articles appropriately
    edited to use the correct permanent URLs. This will take a little work.

    Thanks in advance. And please do keep up the good work wrt these
    great journals!

    . fred bach . music at triumf dot c a

    Sue wrote:
    > Dear Distribution lists
    >
    > http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/index.html
    >
    > Welcome to V11 of the OpenVMS Technical Journal. As you may know this
    > technical journal is done on a completely voluntary basis and hence
    > "our other work" can take priority. I would like to personally thank
    > the team that makes the OpenVMS Technical Journal possible, you are
    > truly a gift.
    > In this version you will find many articles that will interest you.
    >
    > Aklila (OpenVMS Engineering) has written a great article on Host Based
    > Minimerge and Automatic Minicopy, then we have an excellent customer
    > story from Flugger and how they Modernized their OpenVMS Applications.
    > Bruce Claremont has written an article on the DCL Lexical F$GETQUI. We
    > also have an article on RMS Collector for T4 and friends written by
    > Gorazd.
    >
    > We have two articles written by OpenVMS Ambassadors in the journal.
    > The first is Hints and Tricks when Using Dynamic Volume Expansion
    > (DVE) on OpenVMS Systems by Rob Eulenstein and the second written by
    > John Edelemann on the topic of WebSphere MQ and OpenVMS Failover
    > Sets.
    >
    > Articles are available as in PDF or HTML format. If you choose to
    > print the entire document it is 77 pages long.
    >
    > We would appreciate your feedback not only on this issue but the
    > OpenVMS Technical Journal as a whole. Your feedback is what keeps the
    > authors and the team going
    >
    > Warm Regards,
    > Editor team

  3. Re: OpenVMS Technical Journal Now Available V11

    > Sue wrote:
    >>
    >> We would appreciate your feedback not only on this issue but the
    >> OpenVMS Technical Journal as a whole. Your feedback is what keeps the
    >> authors and the team going
    >>
    >> Warm Regards,
    >> Editor team

    The tech journal is always a good source of information.

    Thanks for the hard work to all contributors.

    Syltrem

  4. Re: OpenVMS Technical Journal Now Available V11

    On Apr 14, 10:31*am, "Syltrem" wrote:
    > >Suewrote:

    > >> We would appreciate your feedback not only on this issue but the
    > >> OpenVMS Technical Journal as a whole. Your feedback is what keeps the
    > >> authors and the team going

    > >> Warm Regards,
    > >> Editor team

    > The tech journal is always a good source of information.
    >
    > Thanks for the hard work to all contributors.
    >
    > Syltrem

    Thank you very much, I am sure that the authors apreciate your
    comments as do I.

    Sue

+ Reply to Thread