Php invented by a former DECcie ? - VMS

This is a discussion on Php invented by a former DECcie ? - VMS ; Richard B. Gilbert wrote: > Arne Vajh°j wrote: >> Richard B. Gilbert wrote: >>> If a function takes two >>> arguments, you had better supply exactly two. And so on. >> >> Most languages support that. > > Support? Maybe! ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 42 of 42

  1. Re: Php invented by a former DECcie ?

    Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    > Arne Vajh°j wrote:
    >> Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    >>> If a function takes two
    >>> arguments, you had better supply exactly two. And so on.

    >> Most languages support that.

    > Support? Maybe! Enforce? No!

    C enforces two arguments if so specified. The only problem
    is that no arguments specified mean any number of arguments.

    C++, Java etc. enforces it in all cases.

    But PHP does not ! (which of course is somewhat relevant)

    Arne

  2. Re: Php invented by a former DECcie ?

    On Apr 7, 3:02 pm, billg...@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) wrote:
    > In article <7dd80f60804071310q46eb50edn7f9547a235bfb...@mail.g mail.com>,
    > "Ken Robinson" writes:
    >
    > > On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Didier_Toulouse
    > > wrote:
    > >> Hello Pals,

    > >> Long time no noise :-)

    > >> I'm learning Php, and I find a lot of similarities (is that a genuine
    > >> English word ???) with DCL.

    > > PHP is more like C than DCL

    > PHP is more like a steaming, stinking pile of dung than any usable
    > computer programming language.
    >
    > bill
    >
    > --
    > Bill Gunshannon | de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n. Three wolves
    > billg...@cs.scranton.edu | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    > University of Scranton |
    > Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

    but billy gates product is great, and secure, and... special.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3