HP Alpha TCPIP active passive - VMS

This is a discussion on HP Alpha TCPIP active passive - VMS ; Can someone tell me if HP OVMS TCPIP 5.3 supports FTP passive mode or only active mode? I have previously been able to FTP from the OVMS Alpha but now when I try to send files I get connected and ...

  1. HP Alpha TCPIP active passive

    Can someone tell me if HP OVMS TCPIP 5.3 supports FTP passive mode or only
    active mode?
    I have previously been able to FTP from the OVMS Alpha but now when I try to
    send files I get connected and get conformation that I can cd (change dir)
    but a dir, put, get all I get is a timeout. The network admin says nothing
    has changed on the firewall etc.. But something has changed as I can't get
    my windoz ftp client to work either which it use to be able to send/receive
    also.
    Any thoughts from the OVMS community? Thanks.

    M. White

  2. Re: HP Alpha TCPIP active passive

    M White wrote:
    > Can someone tell me if HP OVMS TCPIP 5.3 supports FTP passive mode or only
    > active mode?
    > I have previously been able to FTP from the OVMS Alpha but now when I try to
    > send files I get connected and get conformation that I can cd (change dir)
    > but a dir, put, get all I get is a timeout. The network admin says nothing
    > has changed on the firewall etc.. But something has changed as I can't get
    > my windoz ftp client to work either which it use to be able to send/receive
    > also.
    > Any thoughts from the OVMS community? Thanks.

    I'm not sure (running 5.4), but think Yes, it can do passive mode, but
    it is not the default in an IPv4 network.

    Try in the FTP client the command SET PASSIVE ON .
    See HELP SET PASSIVE for further information on the SET PASSIVE keywords.

    --

    Joseph Huber - http://www.huber-joseph.de

  3. Re: HP Alpha TCPIP active passive

    M White wrote:
    > Can someone tell me if HP OVMS TCPIP 5.3 supports FTP passive mode or only
    > active mode?
    > I have previously been able to FTP from the OVMS Alpha but now when I try to
    > send files I get connected and get conformation that I can cd (change dir)
    > but a dir, put, get all I get is a timeout. The network admin says nothing
    > has changed on the firewall etc.. But something has changed as I can't get
    > my windoz ftp client to work either which it use to be able to send/receive
    > also.
    > Any thoughts from the OVMS community? Thanks.
    >
    > M. White

    Yes it does. See:

    Jeff