PLUG: txt2pdf 9.6 can support codepage 437 - VMS

This is a discussion on PLUG: txt2pdf 9.6 can support codepage 437 - VMS ; We would like to announce txt2pdf 9.6 version. http://www.sanface.com/txt2pdf.html txt2pdf is shareware; it is a very flexible and powerful Perl5 script that converts text files to PDF format files, so you can use it in every operating systems supported by ...

  1. PLUG: txt2pdf 9.6 can support codepage 437

    We would like to announce txt2pdf 9.6 version.
    http://www.sanface.com/txt2pdf.html
    txt2pdf is shareware; it is a very flexible and powerful Perl5 script
    that converts text files to PDF format files, so you can use it in
    every operating systems supported by Perl5, including OpenVMS.
    Remember to read "txt2pdf on OpenVMS" at http://www.sanface.com/openvms.html
    It's simple to design background like invoices, orders etc.
    Here nice examples made using txt2pdf PRO
    http://www.sanface.com/pdf/Purchase_Order.pdf
    http://www.sanface.com/pdf/oldinvoice.pdf
    http://www.sanface.com/pdf/hfmus.pdf
    http://www.sanface.com/pdf/heraldbill.pdf
    If you prefer we also distribute executables for Windows, Linux,
    Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, and Mac OS X. Inside the Windows version you can
    find a VB GUI: Visual txt2pdf.

    What's new in this version
    txt2pdf can support IBM-codepage 437 (the old linedraw DOS).Download
    the demo versione and see the example in TrueType/codepage437
    directory
    http://www.sanface.com/pdf/Bbaaaaac.052.pdf

    Test txt2pdf 9.6!
    You can find it at http://www.sanface.com/txt2pdf.html

  2. Re: PLUG: txt2pdf 9.6 can support codepage 437

    On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 07:42:13 -0700, wrote:

    > We would like to announce txt2pdf 9.6 version.
    > http://www.sanface.com/txt2pdf.html
    > txt2pdf is shareware; it is a very flexible and powerful Perl5 script
    > that converts text files to PDF format files, so you can use it in
    > every operating systems supported by Perl5, including OpenVMS.
    > Remember to read "txt2pdf on OpenVMS" at
    > http://www.sanface.com/openvms.html
    > It's simple to design background like invoices, orders etc.
    > Here nice examples made using txt2pdf PRO
    > http://www.sanface.com/pdf/Purchase_Order.pdf
    > http://www.sanface.com/pdf/oldinvoice.pdf
    > http://www.sanface.com/pdf/hfmus.pdf
    > http://www.sanface.com/pdf/heraldbill.pdf
    > If you prefer we also distribute executables for Windows, Linux,
    > Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, and Mac OS X. Inside the Windows version you can
    > find a VB GUI: Visual txt2pdf.
    >
    > What's new in this version
    > txt2pdf can support IBM-codepage 437 (the old linedraw DOS).Download
    > the demo versione and see the example in TrueType/codepage437
    > directory
    > http://www.sanface.com/pdf/Bbaaaaac.052.pdf
    >
    > Test txt2pdf 9.6!
    > You can find it at http://www.sanface.com/txt2pdf.html

    What is the advantage of this over using, say, Word and Acrobat?

    Could you post the source text to one of your examples above?

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  3. Re: PLUG: txt2pdf 9.6 can support codepage 437

    In article , "Tom Linden" writes:
    >On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 07:42:13 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >> We would like to announce txt2pdf 9.6 version.
    >> http://www.sanface.com/txt2pdf.html
    >> txt2pdf is shareware; it is a very flexible and powerful Perl5 script
    >> that converts text files to PDF format files, so you can use it in
    >> every operating systems supported by Perl5, including OpenVMS.
    >> Remember to read "txt2pdf on OpenVMS" at
    >> http://www.sanface.com/openvms.html
    >> It's simple to design background like invoices, orders etc.
    >> Here nice examples made using txt2pdf PRO
    >> http://www.sanface.com/pdf/Purchase_Order.pdf
    >> http://www.sanface.com/pdf/oldinvoice.pdf
    >> http://www.sanface.com/pdf/hfmus.pdf
    >> http://www.sanface.com/pdf/heraldbill.pdf
    >> If you prefer we also distribute executables for Windows, Linux,
    >> Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, and Mac OS X. Inside the Windows version you can
    >> find a VB GUI: Visual txt2pdf.
    >>
    >> What's new in this version
    >> txt2pdf can support IBM-codepage 437 (the old linedraw DOS).Download
    >> the demo versione and see the example in TrueType/codepage437
    >> directory
    >> http://www.sanface.com/pdf/Bbaaaaac.052.pdf
    >>
    >> Test txt2pdf 9.6!
    >> You can find it at http://www.sanface.com/txt2pdf.html

    >What is the advantage of this over using, say, Word and Acrobat?
    >
    >Could you post the source text to one of your examples above?

    Install _free_ ghostscript. Then:

    $ CONVERT/DOCUMENT/OPTION= myTEXTfile.txt/FORMAT=TEXT myPSfile.ps/FORMAT=PS
    $ gs "-sDEVICE=pdfwrite" "-sOutputFile=myPDFfile.pdf" "-dNOPAUSE" "-dBATCH" myPSfile.ps

    I've been using this for years in a DCL procedure. Works like a champ. If
    you need, you can even prepend the PS file with other PS to include logos
    or forms prior to converting to PDF with ghostscript.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  4. Re: PLUG: txt2pdf 9.6 can support codepage 437

    Tom Linden wrote:

    > On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 07:42:13 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >> We would like to announce txt2pdf 9.6 version.
    >> http://www.sanface.com/txt2pdf.html
    >> txt2pdf is shareware; it is a very flexible and powerful Perl5 script
    >> that converts text files to PDF format files, so you can use it in
    >> every operating systems supported by Perl5, including OpenVMS.

    > What is the advantage of this over using, say, Word and Acrobat?

    Hm, it *might* be that it runs on VMS, but I don't know....

    Jan-Erik.

  5. Re: PLUG: txt2pdf 9.6 can support codepage 437

    VAXman-, @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

    > In article , "Tom Linden" writes:
    > >On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 07:42:13 -0700, wrote:
    > >
    > >> We would like to announce txt2pdf 9.6 version.
    > >> http://www.sanface.com/txt2pdf.html
    > >> txt2pdf is shareware; it is a very flexible and powerful Perl5 script
    > >> that converts text files to PDF format files, so you can use it in
    > >> every operating systems supported by Perl5, including OpenVMS.
    > >> Remember to read "txt2pdf on OpenVMS" at
    > >> http://www.sanface.com/openvms.html
    > >> It's simple to design background like invoices, orders etc.
    > >> Here nice examples made using txt2pdf PRO
    > >> http://www.sanface.com/pdf/Purchase_Order.pdf
    > >> http://www.sanface.com/pdf/oldinvoice.pdf
    > >> http://www.sanface.com/pdf/hfmus.pdf
    > >> http://www.sanface.com/pdf/heraldbill.pdf
    > >> If you prefer we also distribute executables for Windows, Linux,
    > >> Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, and Mac OS X. Inside the Windows version you can
    > >> find a VB GUI: Visual txt2pdf.
    > >>
    > >> What's new in this version
    > >> txt2pdf can support IBM-codepage 437 (the old linedraw DOS).Download
    > >> the demo versione and see the example in TrueType/codepage437
    > >> directory
    > >> http://www.sanface.com/pdf/Bbaaaaac.052.pdf
    > >>
    > >> Test txt2pdf 9.6!
    > >> You can find it at http://www.sanface.com/txt2pdf.html

    > >What is the advantage of this over using, say, Word and Acrobat?
    > >
    > >Could you post the source text to one of your examples above?

    > Install _free_ ghostscript. Then:
    >
    > $ CONVERT/DOCUMENT/OPTION= myTEXTfile.txt/FORMAT=TEXT myPSfile.ps/FORMAT=PS
    > $ gs "-sDEVICE=pdfwrite" "-sOutputFile=myPDFfile.pdf" "-dNOPAUSE" "-dBATCH" myPSfile.ps
    >
    > I've been using this for years in a DCL procedure. Works like a champ. If
    > you need, you can even prepend the PS file with other PS to include logos
    > or forms prior to converting to PDF with ghostscript.

    Perchance, do you have a link to a ready-to-run binary of GS for Alpha?
    I'd prefer not to take on YAPTJ (yet another part-time job) trying to
    build its build environment and then trying to debug the build
    procedures, and then ...

    David J Dachtera
    (fomrerly dba) DJE Systems

  6. Re: PLUG: txt2pdf 9.6 can support codepage 437

    In article <47E992A8.DE792C26@spam.comcast.net>, David J Dachtera writes:
    >VAXman-, @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

    >> >What is the advantage of this over using, say, Word and Acrobat?
    >> >
    >> >Could you post the source text to one of your examples above?

    >> Install _free_ ghostscript. Then:
    >>
    >> $ CONVERT/DOCUMENT/OPTION= myTEXTfile.txt/FORMAT=TEXT myPSfile.ps/FORMAT=PS
    >> $ gs "-sDEVICE=pdfwrite" "-sOutputFile=myPDFfile.pdf" "-dNOPAUSE" "-dBATCH" myPSfile.ps
    >>
    >> I've been using this for years in a DCL procedure. Works like a champ. If
    >> you need, you can even prepend the PS file with other PS to include logos
    >> or forms prior to converting to PDF with ghostscript.

    >Perchance, do you have a link to a ready-to-run binary of GS for Alpha?
    >I'd prefer not to take on YAPTJ (yet another part-time job) trying to
    >build its build environment and then trying to debug the build
    >procedures, and then ...

    I may have what I've installed. Let me look. I know I didn't build it.
    If not, I can probably make the .EXE et al that makes up GS available from
    my copy.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  7. Re: PLUG: txt2pdf 9.6 can support codepage 437

    In article <47e9956b$0$25039$607ed4bc@cv.net>, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
    >In article <47E992A8.DE792C26@spam.comcast.net>, David J Dachtera writes:
    >>VAXman-, @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

    >>> Install _free_ ghostscript. Then:
    >>>
    >>> $ CONVERT/DOCUMENT/OPTION= myTEXTfile.txt/FORMAT=TEXT myPSfile.ps/FORMAT=PS
    >>> $ gs "-sDEVICE=pdfwrite" "-sOutputFile=myPDFfile.pdf" "-dNOPAUSE" "-dBATCH" myPSfile.ps
    >>>
    >>> I've been using this for years in a DCL procedure. Works like a champ. If
    >>> you need, you can even prepend the PS file with other PS to include logos
    >>> or forms prior to converting to PDF with ghostscript.

    >>Perchance, do you have a link to a ready-to-run binary of GS for Alpha?
    >>I'd prefer not to take on YAPTJ (yet another part-time job) trying to
    >>build its build environment and then trying to debug the build
    >>procedures, and then ...

    >I may have what I've installed. Let me look. I know I didn't build it.
    >If not, I can probably make the .EXE et al that makes up GS available from
    >my copy.
    >
    >--
    >VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM
    >
    > "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"
    >
    >http://tmesis.com/drat.html

    David, if you can sftp it, I have it for you. Send me an email.
    Put "[PASS:VAXman]" in the subject if you get bounced.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  8. Re: PLUG: txt2pdf 9.6 can support codepage 437

    David J Dachtera wrote:

    > Perchance, do you have a link to a ready-to-run binary of GS for Alpha?
    > I'd prefer not to take on YAPTJ (yet another part-time job) trying to
    > build its build environment and then trying to debug the build
    > procedures, and then ...

    Um, try typing "ghostscript openvms" into a search engine and you'll
    get the following in the first page or two of hits:

    http://mvb.saic.com/freeware/pcsi_ki...tscript-v0854/