Re: smtp;550 Closing transmission channel - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: smtp;550 Closing transmission channel - VMS ; > We are slowly trying to get rid of decnet mail. I have got smtp (under > tcpip for OpenVMS) running on all our nodes. The following is 2 entries > for the same mail message sent to 2 different ...

  1. Re: smtp;550 Closing transmission channel

    > We are slowly trying to get rid of decnet mail. I have got smtp (under
    > tcpip for OpenVMS) running on all our nodes. The following is 2 entries
    > for the same mail message sent to 2 different VMS nodes. One works, and
    > the other gets "smtp;550 Closing transmission channel" Any idea what I
    > should be looking at to correct the problem?

    The SMTP config on axp008. Turning on PMDF debugging will show you
    the SMTP dialogue, but it's the TCP/IP Services SMTP on axp008 with
    the problem....

    Hunter
    ------
    Hunter Goatley, Process Software, http://www.process.com/
    goathunter@GOATLEY.COM http://www.goatley.com/hunter/

  2. RE: smtp;550 Closing transmission channel

    Hunter,

    Thanks! I was able to find out that the mx record was in
    uppercase, and needed to be in lower case.

    Bill

  3. Re: smtp;550 Closing transmission channel

    Strange, DNS is case insensitive, so MX records are case insensitive.
    If some code is case sensitive when using results of DNS queries, it is a wrong.

    "Stewart, Bill" wrote in message news:E87E3C418479B34C93BE1D07C073B12C030017E4@kmn0 3ex1.kmn.kaman.com...
    Hunter,

    Thanks! I was able to find out that the mx record was in
    uppercase, and needed to be in lower case.

    Bill

+ Reply to Thread