Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server - VMS

This is a discussion on Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server - VMS ; Hello, what is necessary to get the following working? Multinet V5.2 plus patches Two cluster nodes MPI7 und MPI4 Now on MPI4: set display/create/trans=tcpip/exec mc decw$clock The result is: Xlib: connection to "_WSA9:" refused by server Xlib: Client is not ...

  1. Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

    Hello,

    what is necessary to get the following working?
    Multinet V5.2 plus patches
    Two cluster nodes MPI7 und MPI4
    Now on MPI4:
    set display/create/trans=tcpip/exec
    mc decw$clock
    The result is:
    Xlib: connection to "_WSA9:" refused by server
    Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
    X Toolkit Error: Can't Open display
    %DWT-F-NOMSG, Message number 03AB8204
    In XDM.ACCESS I have a line
    *.immunbio.mpg.de
    On MPI7 I opened "Style Manager", went to "Security", clicked on "Authorized
    Users List" and added the username used on MPI4, TCPIP as transport and the
    IP-address of MPI4.

    So what I am missing?

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    Immunbiologie
    D-79011 Freiburg, Germany

  2. Re: Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

    What does 'show display' give for WSA9? Is this local to
    MPI4 or is the X server on MPI7? If you are using transport=tcpip
    what is the IP address of the server?

    Patrick

    Christoph Gartmann presented these words - circa 2/29/08 1:55 AM->
    > Hello,
    >
    > what is necessary to get the following working?
    > Multinet V5.2 plus patches
    > Two cluster nodes MPI7 und MPI4
    > Now on MPI4:
    > set display/create/trans=tcpip/exec
    > mc decw$clock
    > The result is:
    > Xlib: connection to "_WSA9:" refused by server
    > Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
    > X Toolkit Error: Can't Open display
    > %DWT-F-NOMSG, Message number 03AB8204
    > In XDM.ACCESS I have a line
    > *.immunbio.mpg.de
    > On MPI7 I opened "Style Manager", went to "Security", clicked on "Authorized
    > Users List" and added the username used on MPI4, TCPIP as transport and the
    > IP-address of MPI4.
    >
    > So what I am missing?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Christoph Gartmann

  3. Re: Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

    In article <47C8563B.5010408@mahan.org>, Patrick Mahan writes:
    >What does 'show display' give for WSA9? Is this local to
    >MPI4 or is the X server on MPI7?

    $ sho display

    Device: WSA11: [exec]
    Node: MPI7
    Transport: TCPIP
    Server: 0
    Screen: 0

    >If you are using transport=tcpip what is the IP address of the server?

    MPI4 is 192.129.30.4 and MPI7 is 192.129.30.7

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    Immunbiologie
    D-79011 Freiburg, Germany

  4. Re: Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

    Then you need to allow access from MPI4 on MPI7. The equivalent of
    'xhost +'. (I use to know the exact command, but I haven't played
    with VMS DECwindows in almost 10 years). That is if MPI7 is a
    workstation...

    I'm not sure I understand the usage of XDM.ACCESS file. The XDM server
    only manages X Displays outside of the workstation (e.g. X terminals,
    etc). It doesn't affect the local X server login that is started
    by the DECwindows startup command files.

    Patrick

    Christoph Gartmann presented these words - circa 2/29/08 12:40 PM->
    > In article <47C8563B.5010408@mahan.org>, Patrick Mahan writes:
    >> What does 'show display' give for WSA9? Is this local to
    >> MPI4 or is the X server on MPI7?

    > $ sho display
    >
    > Device: WSA11: [exec]
    > Node: MPI7
    > Transport: TCPIP
    > Server: 0
    > Screen: 0
    >

    >> If you are using transport=tcpip what is the IP address of the server?

    > MPI4 is 192.129.30.4 and MPI7 is 192.129.30.7
    >
    > Regards,
    > Christoph Gartmann

  5. Re: Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

    In article , gartmann@nonsense.immunbio.mpg.de (Christoph Gartmann) writes:
    > Hello,
    >
    > what is necessary to get the following working?
    > Multinet V5.2 plus patches
    > Two cluster nodes MPI7 und MPI4
    > Now on MPI4:
    > set display/create/trans=tcpip/exec
    > mc decw$clock

    Without a /node=someone you are telling MPI4 to display on MPI4,
    but use TCPIP as the transport. In your session security on MPI4
    will need to allow MPI4 over TCPIP.

  6. Re: Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

    In article , gartmann@nonsense.immunbio.mpg.de (Christoph Gartmann) writes:
    > In article <47C8563B.5010408@mahan.org>, Patrick Mahan writes:
    >>What does 'show display' give for WSA9? Is this local to
    >>MPI4 or is the X server on MPI7?

    > $ sho display
    >
    > Device: WSA11: [exec]
    > Node: MPI7
    > Transport: TCPIP
    > Server: 0
    > Screen: 0

    OK, so somewhere you put in /node=MPI7. You need to allow MPI4 over
    TCPIP in your MPI7 security settings. Pre-CDE this was through the
    session manager, but I don't recall where it is in CDE.

+ Reply to Thread