WYSE-160 Setup Question - VMS

This is a discussion on WYSE-160 Setup Question - VMS ; Hi, If anyone out on this group has a Wyse-160 connected to an Alpha/Vax, please contact me. I've not been able to get my Wyse-160 working. My Wyse-160 is connected to serial port 1 of my Alpha (the upper one ...

  1. WYSE-160 Setup Question

    Hi,

    If anyone out on this group has a Wyse-160 connected to an Alpha/Vax,
    please contact me. I've not been able to get my Wyse-160 working.

    My Wyse-160 is connected to serial port 1 of my Alpha (the upper one
    of the two that came with the Alpha). I normally connect my VT420 to
    this port for booting the system, so I know the port works. The
    Wyse-160 is set for VT220-8 "personality" with a VT220 ID (see
    http://www.wyse.com/service/support/...etup1.asp?Q=17 section
    "General Level" if you're wondering what a "personality" is). I've
    tried VT220-7 and VT100, with no results.

    Chuck

  2. Re: WYSE-160 Setup Question

    Chuck Moore wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > If anyone out on this group has a Wyse-160 connected to an Alpha/Vax,
    > please contact me. I've not been able to get my Wyse-160 working.
    >
    > My Wyse-160 is connected to serial port 1 of my Alpha (the upper one
    > of the two that came with the Alpha). I normally connect my VT420 to
    > this port for booting the system, so I know the port works. The
    > Wyse-160 is set for VT220-8 "personality" with a VT220 ID (see
    > http://www.wyse.com/service/support/...etup1.asp?Q=17 section
    > "General Level" if you're wondering what a "personality" is). I've
    > tried VT220-7 and VT100, with no results.
    >
    > Chuck

    Personality does not make a whole lot of difference - that is only used
    when you do a "set term/inquire". Your port speed or bits/parity may
    not be set correctly or the cable is different.

+ Reply to Thread