OpenVMS & Oracle BLOBS - VMS

This is a discussion on OpenVMS & Oracle BLOBS - VMS ; Does anyone have some examples of extracting jpg, doc,txt files from an Oracle BLOB field under OpenVMS using ProC? I have put in some requests re this over in the Oracle groups, but 99.999% of the people there are Unixers/Windowers ...

  1. OpenVMS & Oracle BLOBS

    Does anyone have some examples of extracting jpg, doc,txt files from
    an Oracle BLOB field under OpenVMS using ProC?

    I have put in some requests re this over in the Oracle groups, but
    99.999% of the people
    there are Unixers/Windowers and many things do not apply ( or other
    things like setting logicals DO!) to OpenVMS!

    bob y

  2. Re: OpenVMS & Oracle BLOBS

    "rcyoung" wrote in message
    > Does anyone have some examples of extracting jpg, doc,txt files from
    > an Oracle BLOB field under OpenVMS using ProC?
    >
    > I have put in some requests re this over in the Oracle groups, but
    > 99.999% of the people
    > there are Unixers/Windowers and many things do not apply ( or other
    > things like setting logicals DO!) to OpenVMS!
    >
    > bob y

    http://ora-middleware.blogspot.com/2...nto-files.html

    What hear does not work on VMS?

    Guy Peleg
    BRUDEN-OSSG

  3. Re: OpenVMS & Oracle BLOBS

    In article <47ca9863$0$25982$88260bb3@free.teranews.com>, "Guy Peleg" writes:

    >"rcyoung" wrote in message
    >> Does anyone have some examples of extracting jpg, doc,txt files from
    >> an Oracle BLOB field under OpenVMS using ProC?
    >>
    >> I have put in some requests re this over in the Oracle groups, but
    >> 99.999% of the people
    >> there are Unixers/Windowers and many things do not apply ( or other
    >> things like setting logicals DO!) to OpenVMS!
    >>
    >> bob y

    >http://ora-middleware.blogspot.com/2...nto-files.html
    >
    >What hear does not work on VMS?

    Hear on VMS? Is there now a supported sound card?

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  4. Re: OpenVMS & Oracle BLOBS

    VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    > In article <47ca9863$0$25982$88260bb3@free.teranews.com>, "Guy Peleg" writes:
    >> "rcyoung" wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone have some examples of extracting jpg, doc,txt files from
    >>> an Oracle BLOB field under OpenVMS using ProC?
    >>>
    >>> I have put in some requests re this over in the Oracle groups, but
    >>> 99.999% of the people
    >>> there are Unixers/Windowers and many things do not apply ( or other
    >>> things like setting logicals DO!) to OpenVMS!
    >>>
    >>> bob y

    >> http://ora-middleware.blogspot.com/2...nto-files.html
    >>
    >> What hear does not work on VMS?

    > Hear on VMS? Is there now a supported sound card?

    I would guess on:

    s/hear/here/w

    would resolve the question.

    Arne