UnZip 6.0d source kit is available. - VMS

This is a discussion on UnZip 6.0d source kit is available. - VMS ; A source kit for UnZip 6.0d (pre-release, "BETA") should be available at the usual places: ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/beta/unzip60d.zip http://downloads.sourceforge.net/infozip/unzip60d.zip It should be pretty close to the real UnZip 6.0, particularly on VMS. This kit should cure the long-standing spurious "76 bytes" warning ...

  1. UnZip 6.0d source kit is available.

    A source kit for UnZip 6.0d (pre-release, "BETA") should be available
    at the usual places:

    ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/beta/unzip60d.zip
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/infozip/unzip60d.zip

    It should be pretty close to the real UnZip 6.0, particularly on VMS.
    This kit should cure the long-standing spurious "76 bytes" warning
    messages (6.0c), and should solve all known problems, while adding
    support for large files, ODS5 extended file specs, bzip2 compression,
    symbolic links, and a typical set of bug fixes.

    Problems which are reported promptly may get fixed in the real
    release.

    Zip 3.0g (also pre-release, "BETA") source kits should be available
    nearby.

    Complaints are always welcome.

    Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-org
    382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
    Saint Paul MN 55105-2547

  2. Re: UnZip 6.0d source kit is available.

    Steven M. Schweda wrote:
    > A source kit for UnZip 6.0d (pre-release, "BETA") should be available
    > at the usual places:
    >
    > ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/beta/unzip60d.zip
    > http://downloads.sourceforge.net/infozip/unzip60d.zip
    >
    > It should be pretty close to the real UnZip 6.0, particularly on VMS.
    > This kit should cure the long-standing spurious "76 bytes" warning
    > messages (6.0c), and should solve all known problems, while adding
    > support for large files, ODS5 extended file specs, bzip2 compression,
    > symbolic links, and a typical set of bug fixes.
    >
    > Problems which are reported promptly may get fixed in the real
    > release.
    >
    > Zip 3.0g (also pre-release, "BETA") source kits should be available
    > nearby.
    >
    > Complaints are always welcome.

    Unzipping a zip-file created on a Linux system gives me lots of warnings
    like the ones below. I did not get these with the 6.0c unzip. I think
    the .^] should be read as : ]^. to have the right VMS file specification.

    Jouk

    warning: set-dir-attributes failed ($parse) for
    [.imagemagick.ImageMagick.www.s
    ource.^]svn.DIR;1.
    [ %RMS-F-SYN, file specification syntax error ]
    warning: set times/attribs failed for
    [.imagemagick.ImageMagick.www.source.^.sv
    n]
    warning: set-dir-attributes failed ($parse) for
    [.imagemagick.ImageMagick.www.a
    pi.^]svn.DIR;1.
    [ %RMS-F-SYN, file specification syntax error ]
    warning: set times/attribs failed for
    [.imagemagick.ImageMagick.www.api.^.svn]
    warning: set-dir-attributes failed ($parse) for
    [.imagemagick.ImageMagick.www.a
    pi.MagickWand.^]svn.DIR;1.
    [ %RMS-F-SYN, file specification syntax error ]
    warning: set times/attribs failed for
    [.imagemagick.ImageMagick.www.api.MagickW
    and.^.svn]
    warning: set-dir-attributes failed ($parse) for
    [.imagemagick.ImageMagick.www.a
    pi.MagickCore.^]svn.DIR;1.

+ Reply to Thread