Zip 3.0g source kit is available. - VMS

This is a discussion on Zip 3.0g source kit is available. - VMS ; A source kit for Zip 3.0g (pre-release, "BETA") should be available at the usual (working again) FTP server: ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/beta/zip30g.zip and also soon (but not yet, as this is written) from the SourceForge.net server: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=118012 Zip 3.0g is considered a release ...

  1. Zip 3.0g source kit is available.

    A source kit for Zip 3.0g (pre-release, "BETA") should be available
    at the usual (working again) FTP server:

    ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/beta/zip30g.zip

    and also soon (but not yet, as this is written) from the SourceForge.net
    server:

    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=118012

    Zip 3.0g is considered a release candidate for Zip 3.0, so if you
    have any interest in how these things work, complaining now may be more
    effective than complaining later. If no significant problems are found
    and/or reported in the next few weeks, I'd expect this kit to be
    re-titled "3.0", and released (at long last). Mr. Goatley has
    threatened to make VMS binary kits available, as usual, too, when that
    happens.

    UnZip 6.0d (also pre-release, "BETA") is still cooking, but there's
    some hope for seeing it before we're all dead, and the official 6.0
    release could follow that. In the mean time, a 6.0c source kit is still
    available in the usual places, and if you have any serious problems with
    that, I can probably slip you something pre-pre-release from the 6.0dXX
    family, under the table.

    In case you've slept through the (extended) development period, the
    main reasons to care (other than some typical bug fixes) are:

    - Large-file (>2GB) support
    - Better ODS5 support
    - Optional bzip2 compression
    - Symbolic link support

    Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-org
    382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
    Saint Paul MN 55105-2547

  2. Re: Zip 3.0g source kit is available.

    On Feb 6, 2008 11:17 AM, Steven M. Schweda wrote:
    > A source kit for Zip 3.0g (pre-release, "BETA") should be available
    > at the usual (working again) FTP server:
    >
    > ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/beta/zip30g.zip

    I tried to get it using smartFTP and got the following error:

    [12:04:04] CWD /pub/infozip/beta/zip30g.zip
    [12:04:04] 550 You are not permitted to access this directory.

    Ken

  3. Re: Zip 3.0g source kit is available.

    "Ken Robinson" wrote in message
    news:7dd80f60802060906w1a72a46x8bf2b1ec5202d977@ma il.gmail.com...

    > I tried to get it using smartFTP and got the following error:
    >
    > [12:04:04] CWD /pub/infozip/beta/zip30g.zip

    Try a different client. CWD to a file isn't likely to work.

+ Reply to Thread