Setting a console environment variable - VMS

This is a discussion on Setting a console environment variable - VMS ; Hi. We have a customer with a wrongly set environment variable (OpenVMS V7.3-2).. BEP1->write sys$output f$getenv("auto_action") HALT We need to set it to restart. Can this be done? Is there any way, short of interrupting service shutting it down to ...

  1. Setting a console environment variable

    Hi.
    We have a customer with a wrongly set environment variable (OpenVMS
    V7.3-2)..

    BEP1->write sys$output f$getenv("auto_action")
    HALT

    We need to set it to restart. Can this be done? Is there any way,
    short of interrupting
    service shutting it down to the console, to change this? Ideally a
    supported official way,
    (I can't find f$setenv), or if not, any back-door unsupported hack way
    of setting this.

    Thanks for the help . John

  2. Re: Setting a console environment variable

+ Reply to Thread