Re: OT: Very: OT. US election and constitution question - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: OT: Very: OT. US election and constitution question - VMS ; Doug Phillips wrote on 02/04/2008 04:24:58 PM: > On Feb 4, 2:39 pm, Maverick wrote: > > Bob Gezelter wrote: > > > On Feb 4, 8:59 am, JF Mezei wrote: > > >> Sorry for the OT, but this ...

  1. Re: OT: Very: OT. US election and constitution question

    Doug Phillips wrote on 02/04/2008 04:24:58 PM:

    > On Feb 4, 2:39 pm, Maverick wrote:
    > > Bob Gezelter wrote:

    provide

    been

    just

    incapacitated:

    going

    situation as

    expires) ?

    the

    the

    > > > JF,

    > > > In a word: NO.

    > > > The eligibility rules for Vice President are the same as the rules

    for
    > > > President (e.g., native citizen, age).

    > > > In the original (unamended) Constitution, the second place finish in
    > > > the Presidential election, an arrangement which had, shall we say,
    > > > problems (e.g., President/Vice President from different parties and
    > > > who were opponents in the election). This was changed by the XXIIth
    > > > Amendment (1803, ratified 1804).

    > > > - Bob Gezelter,http://www.rlgsc.com

    > > McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone. Does that disqualify him?
    > > Both his parents were american.

    > In 1790 the First Congress declared:
    >
    > "And the children of citizens of the United States that may be born
    > beyond sea, or outside the limits of the United States, shall be
    > considered as natural born citizens."

    Time to amend the Constitution to get rid of the natural born requirement
    and at the same time make children of illegal entrants non-citizens.
    The reasons for both rules is - like the helium stockpile - past its time.

  2. Re: OT: Very: OT. US election and constitution question

    In article , norm.raphael@metso.com writes:

    > Time to amend the Constitution to get rid of the natural born requirement
    > and at the same time make children of illegal entrants non-citizens.
    > The reasons for both rules is - like the helium stockpile - past its time.

    I have no problem with the latter, but it doens't take changing the
    Constitution, just Federal Law. The former I'll keep as is.

+ Reply to Thread