Re: Disabling send access - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Disabling send access - VMS ; >|> ned+info-pmdf@mauve.mrochek.com wrote: .. .. .. >|> How can one remove a database entry on the fly? >| >|pmdf db. On OpenVMS we use global symbols like DBR == "PMDF DB OPEN PMDF_ALIAS_DATABASE\OVER ON\REMOVE" which can be used like $ ...

  1. Re: Disabling send access

    >|> ned+info-pmdf@mauve.mrochek.com wrote:

    ..
    ..
    ..
    >|> How can one remove a database entry on the fly?
    >|
    >|pmdf db.

    On OpenVMS we use global symbols like

    DBR == "PMDF DB OPEN PMDF_ALIAS_DATABASE\OVER ON\REMOVE"

    which can be used like

    $ dbr foo

    But take care not to enter

    $ dbr *

    accidently ;-)

    Regards

    Bernd

  2. Re: Disabling send access

    Bernd Fischer +49(89)15921 547 wrote:

    > .
    > .
    > .

    >> |pmdf db.
    >>

    > On OpenVMS we use global symbols like
    >
    > DBR == "PMDF DB OPEN PMDF_ALIAS_DATABASE\OVER ON\REMOVE"
    >
    > which can be used like
    >
    > $ dbr foo
    >
    > But take care not to enter
    >
    > $ dbr *
    >
    > accidently ;-)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Bernd

    Thanks Ned and Bernd! Old dogs (that would be me) can learn new tricks!!

    --
    - Ken
    Ken Connelly Associate Director, Security and Systems

+ Reply to Thread