PMDF mailserv and mailing list - VMS

This is a discussion on PMDF mailserv and mailing list - VMS ; Is there someone that has developed some CGI based solution to simplify the management (add/remove/change-status) of e-mail addresses subscribed to a mailing list ? If I remember well the file that contains the subscribed addresses should be managed by mailserv ...

  1. PMDF mailserv and mailing list

    Is there someone that has developed some CGI based solution to simplify
    the management (add/remove/change-status) of e-mail addresses subscribed to
    a mailing list ?

    If I remember well the file that contains the subscribed addresses should be
    managed by mailserv channel and should have ;1 version.

    Francesco

  2. Re: PMDF mailserv and mailing list

    > Is there someone that has developed some CGI based solution to simplify
    > the management (add/remove/change-status) of e-mail addresses subscribed to
    > a mailing list ?

    I don't know if Process has retained the capability or not, but mailserv used
    to be able to be run as an interactive utility. The idea is that you could wrap
    some other interface around it.

    > If I remember well the file that contains the subscribed addresses should be
    > managed by mailserv channel and should have ;1 version.

    I don't believe that's been a requirement for a while. mailserv will tolerate
    higher versions. Multiple versions can sometimes cause problems, however.

    Ned

  3. Re: PMDF mailserv and mailing list

    > > Is there someone that has developed some CGI based solution to simplify
    > > the management (add/remove/change-status) of e-mail addresses subscribed to
    > > a mailing list ?

    > I don't know if Process has retained the capability or not, but mailserv used
    > to be able to be run as an interactive utility. The idea is that you could wrap
    > some other interface around it.

    It seems very interesting.
    I have done a quick test. It seems ok for subscribe/unsubscribe commands,
    but for send/list command I receive an e-mail instead of getting
    the output to the terminal as I would.

    So, a couple of questions are:

    1) is there a way to get the output (of the send/list command) to the terminal ?

    2) alternatively, is it possible to open a mailing list file by a DCL
    procedure (open/read/share) to read and parse the subscribed addresses ?

    I hope that Process will continue to support the intercative mode for
    mailserv.

    Thank you !

    Regards,
    Francesco

    > > If I remember well the file that contains the subscribed addresses should be
    > > managed by mailserv channel and should have ;1 version.

    > I don't believe that's been a requirement for a while. mailserv will tolerate
    > higher versions. Multiple versions can sometimes cause problems, however.

    > Ned

+ Reply to Thread