Sophos Anti-Virus for OpenVMS - VMS

This is a discussion on Sophos Anti-Virus for OpenVMS - VMS ; I just took a look at the online documentation for the product Sophos Anti-Virus for OpenVMS. It looks at VMS files to see if any contain viruses that might affect a Windows machine. Is anyone in the newgroup aware of ...

  1. Sophos Anti-Virus for OpenVMS

    I just took a look at the online documentation for the product
    Sophos Anti-Virus for OpenVMS. It looks at VMS files to see if
    any contain viruses that might affect a Windows machine.

    Is anyone in the newgroup aware of any other commercial product
    that does the same thing ?

    (No, LJK Software has not started using Windows, this for giving
    advice to customers :-)

  2. Re: Sophos Anti-Virus for OpenVMS

    On Jan 10, 3:13 pm, Kilgal...@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen) wrote:
    > I just took a look at the online documentation for the product
    > Sophos Anti-Virus for OpenVMS. It looks at VMS files to see if
    > any contain viruses that might affect a Windows machine.
    >
    > Is anyone in the newgroup aware of any other commercial product
    > that does the same thing ?
    >
    > (No, LJK Software has not started using Windows, this for giving
    > advice to customers :-)

    Here are my links in connection with the subject AntiVirus Software
    for use with OpenVMS...

    ClamAV
    http://fafner.dyndns.org/~alexey/clamav/
    http://www.openvms.org/stories.php?s.../03/25/4611044

    EuroKom - vFastScan
    http://www.eurokom.ie/index.php?opti...d=36&Itemid=69

    Sophos Anti-Virus for OpenVMS
    http://www.sophos.com/products/government/central/
    http://www.sophos.com/sophos/docs/en...ts/vms_fen.pdf

    Sophos > SAVI (Sophos Anti-Virus Interface) SDK - Wayback Machine
    http://web.archive.org/web/200610251...exe?prodid=201

    SOPHOS VSWEEP
    http://www.sophos.com/support/knowle...cle/10159.html
    http://www.axp.mdx.ac.uk/www/sophos/

    WCF & Associates - SpamTagger with RAV Anti-Virus
    http://www.wcfa.com/SpamTagger.htm

    NOVIRUS, Validates images using CRC32 checksum
    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/freeware/freeware40/novirus/

    FB's Checksummer
    http://www.anzwers.org/trade/franco/vmsutils/syssec.htm

    Cheers!