Re: Island Computers is moving - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Island Computers is moving - VMS ; From: JF Mezei > > http://h71000.www7.hp.com/fb_business.html > [...] I would have NEVER guessed that this generic web-form > was the correct way to submit bug reports. On the main VMS Web page ( http://h71000.www7.hp.com/ ), there's a link for "Feedback ...

  1. Re: Island Computers is moving

    From: JF Mezei

    > > http://h71000.www7.hp.com/fb_business.html

    > [...] I would have NEVER guessed that this generic web-form
    > was the correct way to submit bug reports.

    On the main VMS Web page (http://h71000.www7.hp.com/), there's a link
    for "Feedback to webmaster" (http://h71000.www7.hp.com/fb_web.html). On
    that page, there's a link for "product business comments"
    (http://h71000.www7.hp.com/fb_business.html). It's not _that_ well
    hidden, and it does say, "Please use the following form to submit
    product or business questions or comments about HP OpenVMS." I'd say
    that "product questions" covers bug reports and similar complaints. (I
    assume that paying victims have a better path, but some old saying about
    beggars and choosers does come to mind in a situation like this.)

    > I didn't know what to put
    > into the required "URL" field, so I put www.disney.com

    That's one way to try to convey the seriousness of your report to the
    recipients.

    SMS.

  2. Re: Island Computers is moving

    Steven M. Schweda wrote:
    > From: JF Mezei
    >
    >>> http://h71000.www7.hp.com/fb_business.html

    >>[...] I would have NEVER guessed that this generic web-form
    >>was the correct way to submit bug reports.

    > On the main VMS Web page (http://h71000.www7.hp.com/), there's a link
    > for "Feedback to webmaster" (http://h71000.www7.hp.com/fb_web.html). On
    > that page, there's a link for "product business comments"
    > (http://h71000.www7.hp.com/fb_business.html). It's not _that_ well
    > hidden, and it does say, "Please use the following form to submit
    > product or business questions or comments about HP OpenVMS." I'd say
    > that "product questions" covers bug reports and similar complaints. (I
    > assume that paying victims have a better path, but some old saying about
    > beggars and choosers does come to mind in a situation like this.)
    >

    >> I didn't know what to put
    >>into the required "URL" field, so I put www.disney.com

    > That's one way to try to convey the seriousness of your report to the
    > recipients.
    >
    > SMS.

    If the people who designed the form were serious, they might have
    provided a clue as to what the "URL" field was intended for. Based on
    what I've seen in this thread I can't think of anything more reasonable
    than "www.disney.com" to put there!

+ Reply to Thread