Re: How to set "From:" address in VMS MAIL - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: How to set "From:" address in VMS MAIL - VMS ; From: Ken.Fairfield@gmail.com > Multinet 4.4 (ditto) > Off-list, David Dachtera pointed me to the Multinet logical > names, and I've tried with MULTINET_SMTP_ENVELOPE_FROM_HOST. > This doesn't quite do the job because (a) it only sets the > host, not user ...

  1. Re: How to set "From:" address in VMS MAIL

    From: Ken.Fairfield@gmail.com

    > Multinet 4.4 (ditto)

    > Off-list, David Dachtera pointed me to the Multinet logical
    > names, and I've tried with MULTINET_SMTP_ENVELOPE_FROM_HOST.
    > This doesn't quite do the job because (a) it only sets the
    > host, not user & host, and (b) it seems to set the Return-Path
    > header which doesn't show up in the reader's OutHouse view of
    > the message, nor is it used when replying to the message.

    TCPIP seems to offer TCPIP$SMTP_FROM (if (system-wide)
    TCPIP$SMTP_PROHIBIT_USER_HEADERS is not defined). Anything similar in
    MultiNet?

    Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-org
    382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
    Saint Paul MN 55105-2547

  2. Re: How to set "From:" address in VMS MAIL

    In article <08010416455598_206002CA@antinode.org>, sms@antinode.org (Steven M. Schweda) writes:

    > TCPIP seems to offer TCPIP$SMTP_FROM (if (system-wide)
    > TCPIP$SMTP_PROHIBIT_USER_HEADERS is not defined). Anything similar in
    > MultiNet?

    I use MULTINET_SMTP_REPLY_TO. There's a whole list of these in the
    Multinet logical names document.

+ Reply to Thread