how to increase resolution of DS-25 - VMS

This is a discussion on how to increase resolution of DS-25 - VMS ; Sir/Maidam Recently i have used DS-25 in place of Alpha 200 4/233 One of my X-session application is running on this DS-25 fine,but some part of this form goes out of screen.I have to increase resolution of my system,so that ...

  1. how to increase resolution of DS-25

    Sir/Maidam
    Recently i have used DS-25 in place of Alpha 200 4/233
    One of my X-session application is running on this DS-25 fine,but some
    part of this form goes out of screen.I have to increase resolution of
    my system,so that it's font size and my form size should fit in my new
    screen.How can i do this.
    Thanx in advance.

  2. Re: how to increase resolution of DS-25

    "Naveen" wrote in message
    > Sir/Maidam
    > Recently i have used DS-25 in place of Alpha 200 4/233
    > One of my X-session application is running on this DS-25 fine,but some
    > part of this form goes out of screen.I have to increase resolution of
    > my system,so that it's font size and my form size should fit in my new
    > screen.How can i do this.
    > Thanx in advance.

    First determine the graphics device type. SHOW DEV G* usually will do. The
    device will be something like GHA0.

    Then look at the contents of DECW$DEVICE_CONFIG_G?.COM where the ? is the
    second letter - like GH. It should show the possible resolutions if it is
    software selectable. Determine what the highest resolution is that your
    monitor will support.

    Then rename DECW$PRIVATE_SERVER_SETUP.TEMPLATE to *.COM and edit the file
    and search for the place that shows how to set the resolution.

    Then restart the server (@DECW$STARTUP RESTART) or reboot.

  3. Re: how to increase resolution of DS-25

    In article , Naveen writes:

    >Sir/Maidam
    > Recently i have used DS-25 in place of Alpha 200 4/233
    >One of my X-session application is running on this DS-25 fine,but some
    >part of this form goes out of screen.I have to increase resolution of
    >my system,so that it's font size and my form size should fit in my new
    >screen.How can i do this.
    >Thanx in advance.

    Look in SYS$MANAGERECW$PRIVATE_SERVER_SETUP.COM

    $ decw$xsize_in_pixels == value
    $ decw$ysize_in_pixels == value

    For example:

    $ decw$xsize_in_pixels == 1280