upgrading from 7.3-2 - VMS

This is a discussion on upgrading from 7.3-2 - VMS ; After some distractions, I hope I will find time soon to upgrade from 7.3-2. What version do folks recommend I upgrade to? Can I get there directly from 7.3-2? I have no Itanium yet, but do have VAX at 7.3. ...

  1. upgrading from 7.3-2

    After some distractions, I hope I will find time soon to upgrade from
    7.3-2. What version do folks recommend I upgrade to? Can I get there
    directly from 7.3-2? I have no Itanium yet, but do have VAX at 7.3.
    Any news of a newer VMS for VAX? What will stop working after the
    upgrade (MONITOR?)? What version of TCPIP for ALPHA should I aim for
    after the VMS upgrade?

  2. Re: upgrading from 7.3-2

    > After some distractions, I hope I will find time soon to upgrade from
    > 7.3-2. What version do folks recommend I upgrade to? Can I get there
    > directly from 7.3-2? I have no Itanium yet, but do have VAX at 7.3.
    > Any news of a newer VMS for VAX? What will stop working after the
    > upgrade (MONITOR?)? What version of TCPIP for ALPHA should I aim for
    > after the VMS upgrade?

    V8.3 with the latest TCP/IP stack runs fine for me (even on the 2000 I
    got from you.
    The only thing that stopped working on my macines sinve 8.2 is the 3D
    support on some of the ZLX graphic boards (i.e. Powerstorm 3D30 & 4D20)
    Look for more details in the release notes.

    Jouk

+ Reply to Thread