OT - pdp5 FS believe it or not.. - VMS

This is a discussion on OT - pdp5 FS believe it or not.. - VMS ; believe it or not.. yes it's OT.. but to find one in a radar store and not in pieces at a computer reseller, it unusual.. DIGITAL COMPUTER. Cabinet mounted with memory core, and operating panel. Pwr: 115V, 60 Hz. Mfr: ...

  1. OT - pdp5 FS believe it or not..

    believe it or not.. yes it's OT.. but to find one in a radar store and
    not in pieces at a computer reseller, it unusual..

    DIGITAL COMPUTER.
    Cabinet mounted with memory core, and operating panel. Pwr: 115V, 60 Hz.
    Mfr: Digital Equipment. PDP-5.

    http://radioresearch.thomasnet.com/i...r1934?&seo=110

    not mine, no more info, interested parties (if any) should contact the
    link above. ckicking links upward reveals also a minuteman computer and
    another antique.

    I suppose I have not been here to the NG in a long time. Could that be
    because there has been no trouble at all with my VMS system??

    happy new year!

    Patrick Jankowiak

  2. Don't believe it! [was Re: OT - pdp5 FS believe it or not..]

    patrick jankowiak writes:

    > believe it or not.. yes it's OT.. but to find one in a radar store and
    > not in pieces at a computer reseller, it unusual..

    Don't believe it.

    > DIGITAL COMPUTER.
    > Cabinet mounted with memory core, and operating panel. Pwr: 115V, 60 Hz.
    > Mfr: Digital Equipment. PDP-5.

    I called the company this morning to see what further information I could
    gather on this system. The very courteous gentleman with whom I spoke told me
    that this system had been scrapped years ago, and the on-line listing is a
    relic of the Thomas Register listing that had not been caught in a cleanup of
    their site.

    I was not the first inquiry he had received. :-)

    > happy new year!

    > Patrick Jankowiak

    Happy New Year, Patrick!

    --
    Rich Alderson "You get what anybody gets. You get a lifetime."
    news@alderson.users.panix.com --Death, of the Endless

+ Reply to Thread