I am running: Process Software MultiNet V5.2 Rev A-X, AlphaServer ES45
Model 2B, OpenVMS AXP V8.3 (Patches thru 8/31/07)

This is a new install of an ES45, and VMS V8.3, and Multinet V5.2

When I try to TELNET or FTP to another Alpha by host name (which is in
my HOSTS.LOCAL file and has been compiled and installed), I get :

? Unknown host "REXA", getaddrinfo returned Non-recoverable failure
in name resolution

MU PING REXA and MU TRACEROUTE work fine. As well as TELNET and FTP by
I/P address.

What am I missing???

Any help would be appreciated,

Randy Johnson

SXC Health Solutions

This communication, including any attachments, may contain information that is confidential and may be privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender. Thank you for your co
operation.