Picking nits - VMS

This is a discussion on Picking nits - VMS ; I know this is minor- but I installed 8.3 on a different disk in my Hobbyist RX2600 and tripped over this: What's wrong with this picture? $ tcpip sho ver HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Industry Standard 64 Version V5.6 ...

  1. Picking nits

    I know this is minor- but I installed 8.3 on a different disk in my
    Hobbyist RX2600 and tripped over this: What's wrong with this
    picture?

    $ tcpip sho ver

    HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Industry Standard 64 Version V5.6
    on an HP rx2600 (1.40GHz/1.5MB) running OpenVMS V8.3

    $ type SYS$SYSDEVICE:[SYS0.SYSEXE]MODPARAMS.DAT
    ! SYS$SYSDEVICE:[SYS0.SYSEXE]MODPARAMS.DAT
    ! Created during installation of OpenVMS AXP V8.3 11-DEC-2007 14:59:20.69
    !
    [snip]

    ;-)
    --
    Dean Woodward =o&o
    dean.woodward@gmail.com

  2. Re: Picking nits

    On Dec 12, 10:41 am, DeanW wrote:
    > What's wrong with this picture?

    I imagine you didn't expect to see "OpenVMS AXP" on an Itanium.

    Not that "IA64" is an improvement. Why can't they come up with
    a decent name and abbreviation??

    ok
    dpm

  3. Re: Picking nits

    DeanW wrote:
    > I know this is minor- but I installed 8.3 on a different disk in my
    > Hobbyist RX2600 and tripped over this: What's wrong with this
    > picture?

    A hobbyist (note the spelling Steven) with an RX2600? ;-)

    --
    Avoidable human misery is more often caused not so much by stupidity as
    by ignorance, particularly our own ignorance about ourselves.

  4. Re: Picking nits

    On Dec 12, 2007 8:44 AM, Mark Daniel wrote:
    > A hobbyist (note the spelling Steven) with an RX2600? ;-)

    Intel Developer Forum, where I was lucky enough to meet VAXman, Bob
    Gezelter, and a couple other notables.

  5. Re: Picking nits

    In article <3f119ada0712120924v74540227sf9c9763af8c6923b@mail. gmail.com>, DeanW writes:

    >On Dec 12, 2007 8:44 AM, Mark Daniel wrote:
    >> A hobbyist (note the spelling Steven) with an RX2600? ;-)

    >Intel Developer Forum, where I was lucky enough to meet VAXman, Bob
    >Gezelter, and a couple other notables.

    Hi Dean! I remember that IDF... at some hotel in northern proNJ.
    Is your rx2600 still running?

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  6. Re: Picking nits

    In article <3f119ada0712120741w5beb2d61y4a094ce5af1178cf@mail. gmail.com>, DeanW writes:
    > I know this is minor- but I installed 8.3 on a different disk in my
    > Hobbyist RX2600 and tripped over this: What's wrong with this
    > picture?
    >
    > $ tcpip sho ver
    >
    > HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Industry Standard 64 Version V5.6
    > on an HP rx2600 (1.40GHz/1.5MB) running OpenVMS V8.3
    >
    > $ type SYS$SYSDEVICE:[SYS0.SYSEXE]MODPARAMS.DAT
    > ! SYS$SYSDEVICE:[SYS0.SYSEXE]MODPARAMS.DAT
    > ! Created during installation of OpenVMS AXP V8.3 11-DEC-2007 14:59:20.69
    > !
    > [snip]

    Must be a missing %BLISS directive in that module.

  7. Re: Picking nits

    On Dec 12, 2007 11:49 AM, wrote:
    > >Intel Developer Forum, where I was lucky enough to meet VAXman, Bob
    > >Gezelter, and a couple other notables.

    > Hi Dean! I remember that IDF... at some hotel in northern proNJ.
    > Is your rx2600 still running?

    After the IDF licenses expired, It sat idle for quite a while, until
    someone here sold me a copy of 8.3 media last winter. It's been
    running ever since. One day I'll even get to do something fun with it
    (other than build an 8.3 system disk for my boss's RX2620)

    --
    Dean Woodward =o&o
    dean.woodward@gmail.com

  8. Re: Picking nits

    On Dec 12, 12:24 pm, DeanW wrote:
    > On Dec 12, 2007 8:44 AM, Mark Daniel wrote:
    >
    > > A hobbyist (note the spelling Steven) with an RX2600? ;-)

    > Intel Developer Forum, where I was lucky enough to meet VAXman, Bob
    > Gezelter, and a couple other notables.

    Dean,

    Thank you for the hello. I hope that things are well with you!

    - Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com

+ Reply to Thread