TCPware and MIME (again) - VMS

This is a discussion on TCPware and MIME (again) - VMS ; I was recently poking around the web trying to solve another "MIME send" problem in TCPware when I stumbled upon the following paragraph in the Multinet release notes: ### MultiNet V5.2 Release Notes - April 2007 2.10.16 SMTP Two new ...

  1. TCPware and MIME (again)

    I was recently poking around the web trying to solve another "MIME
    send" problem in TCPware when I stumbled upon the following paragraph
    in the Multinet release notes:

    ###

    MultiNet V5.2 Release Notes - April 2007

    2.10.16 SMTP

    Two new SMTP logicals were added to allow sending the output of the
    OpenVMS MIME utility with MultiNet mail: MULTINET_SMTP_ALLOW_MIME_SEND
    (value is Y/T/1 to enable the new behavior, anything else to disable
    it) MULTINET_SMTP_MIME_TAG (value is what to look for at the start of
    the first line of the message. Optional. Defaults to "Mime-version:"

    Without the SMTP_ALLOW_MIME_SEND defined, the behavior will be as
    before. WIth it, if the first line of the message file being sent is
    the mime tag, the blank line at the end of the header output will be
    suppressed so that the header lines in the message will be seen as
    header lines rather than message body. [9147]

    ###

    So does anyone know if these changes will make it into TCPware anytime
    soon?

    Neil Rieck
    Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge,
    Ontario, Canada.
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/

  2. Re: TCPware and MIME (again)

    On Dec 10, 8:44 pm, Neil Rieck wrote:
    > I was recently poking around the web trying to solve another "MIME
    > send" problem in TCPware when I stumbled upon the following paragraph
    > in the Multinet release notes:
    >
    > ###
    >
    > MultiNet V5.2 Release Notes - April 2007
    >
    > 2.10.16 SMTP
    >
    > Two new SMTP logicals were added to allow sending the output of the
    > OpenVMS MIME utility with MultiNet mail: MULTINET_SMTP_ALLOW_MIME_SEND
    > (value is Y/T/1 to enable the new behavior, anything else to disable
    > it) MULTINET_SMTP_MIME_TAG (value is what to look for at the start of
    > the first line of the message. Optional. Defaults to "Mime-version:"
    >
    > Without the SMTP_ALLOW_MIME_SEND defined, the behavior will be as
    > before. WIth it, if the first line of the message file being sent is
    > the mime tag, the blank line at the end of the header output will be
    > suppressed so that the header lines in the message will be seen as
    > header lines rather than message body. [9147]
    >
    > ###
    >
    > So does anyone know if these changes will make it into TCPware anytime
    > soon?
    >
    > Neil Rieck
    > Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge,
    > Ontario, Canada.http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/

    sometimes TCPware recognizes multinet logicals, esp.
    with mail ...

    did you read the FREE manuals on Process site to find
    out what logical if any exists?

    do you have support so you can call Process and get an
    answer within minutes instead of poking around for days
    not finding an answer?

  3. Re: TCPware and MIME (again)

    > sometimes TCPware recognizes multinet logicals, esp.
    > with mail ...
    >
    > did you read the FREE manuals on Process site to find
    > out what logical if any exists?
    >
    > do you have support so you can call Process and get an
    > answer within minutes instead of poking around for days
    > not finding an answer?

    I do have a support contract and will call them tomorrow. However, I just
    noticed the Multinet release notes thing about an hour ago from home.

    Neil Rieck
    Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge
    Canada.

  4. Re: TCPware and MIME (again)

    On Dec 10, 8:44 pm, Neil Rieck wrote:
    > I was recently poking around the web trying to solve another "MIME
    > send" problem in TCPware when I stumbled upon the following paragraph
    > in the Multinet release notes:
    >
    > ###
    >
    > MultiNet V5.2 Release Notes - April 2007
    >
    > 2.10.16 SMTP
    >
    > Two new SMTP logicals were added to allow sending the output of the
    > OpenVMS MIME utility with MultiNet mail: MULTINET_SMTP_ALLOW_MIME_SEND
    > (value is Y/T/1 to enable the new behavior, anything else to disable
    > it) MULTINET_SMTP_MIME_TAG (value is what to look for at the start of
    > the first line of the message. Optional. Defaults to "Mime-version:"
    >
    > Without the SMTP_ALLOW_MIME_SEND defined, the behavior will be as
    > before. WIth it, if the first line of the message file being sent is
    > the mime tag, the blank line at the end of the header output will be
    > suppressed so that the header lines in the message will be seen as
    > header lines rather than message body. [9147]
    >
    > ###

    Great news:

    I just received a note from Process Software Corp that this MULTINET
    functionality will be moved into TCPware 5.8 which will be released
    soon (possibly 08Q1).

    Neil Rieck
    Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge,
    Ontario, Canada.http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/