The sales drone actually said "VMS" - VMS

This is a discussion on The sales drone actually said "VMS" - VMS ; well, here I am settling into a new gig after 8+ years at the E*company. So I got invited to hear the monthly HP update, this time about blades and such. Amongst the blizzard of model numbers, I was stunned ...

  1. The sales drone actually said "VMS"

    well, here I am settling into a new gig after 8+ years at the E*company. So
    I got invited to hear the monthly HP update, this time about blades and
    such. Amongst the blizzard of model numbers, I was stunned to hear that one
    (maybe more) ran "openvms". And the slide said it too! I ran into the guy
    in the hallway later and thanked him for it.

    Not that there is any likelyhood of seeing any VMS at this place, but fun
    nonetheless.

    Regards, JoJo

  2. RE: The sales drone actually said "VMS"

    Check out the web sites at:
    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/30th/index.html (HP CEO on OpenVMS video testimonial)

    Also, nice video testimonial for OpenVMS blades:
    http://hp.feedroom.com/?fr_story=f15...98621394&rf=bm

    "Acision uses HP OpenVMS running on HP Integrity servers & HP Blades to help
    deliver more than half of the world's text & multimedia messages & serve
    three quarters of all videomail users."

    [this is company that used OpenVMS to pass text voting for American Idol.)

    Also, you mentioned financial market, so this might be of interest:
    http://hp.feedroom.com/?fr_story=368...a70650d8&rf=bm
    "See how Deutsche Börse, the largest financial exchange organization in the world,
    uses HP OpenVMS running on HP Integrity servers to keep their electronic markets
    up and running."

    :-)

    Regards

    Kerry Main