Power supply - VMS

This is a discussion on Power supply - VMS ; I have a Digital CD tower that had 7 CD drives in it, I bought several years ago. I don't see a number on it though. I've used it for putting extra drives in. It appears the power supply died. ...

  1. Power supply

    I have a Digital CD tower that had 7 CD drives in it, I bought several years ago.
    I don't see a number on it though. I've used it for putting extra drives in.
    It appears the power supply died. It says it is a TOPOWER TOP300SS power supply.
    I didn't dig up much on the internet trying to find one. It appears to be
    an AT type supply, but has an extra 12-pin connector on it going to the tower.
    I'm not sure what this is for though, as it doesn't appear the tower itself needs power.

    Does anyone have any information about it, either where to get one, what the
    outputs are, can I get by without the extra 12-pin connector? Can I use a
    regular supply and connect it in?

    If anyone has any information, or pointers, that would be appreciated.

  2. Re: Power supply

    Brian wrote:
    > I have a Digital CD tower that had 7 CD drives in it, I bought several years ago.
    > I don't see a number on it though. I've used it for putting extra drives in.
    > It appears the power supply died. It says it is a TOPOWER TOP300SS power supply.
    > I didn't dig up much on the internet trying to find one. It appears to be
    > an AT type supply, but has an extra 12-pin connector on it going to the tower.
    > I'm not sure what this is for though, as it doesn't appear the tower itself needs power.
    >
    > Does anyone have any information about it, either where to get one, what the
    > outputs are, can I get by without the extra 12-pin connector? Can I use a
    > regular supply and connect it in?
    >
    > If anyone has any information, or pointers, that would be appreciated.

    Perhaps you should try the manufacturer:

    http://www.topower.com/pwr_at.html

    Jim.
    --
    www.eight-cubed.com

  3. Re: Power supply

    In article , reed@forge.{fe}.net (Brian ) writes:

    >I have a Digital CD tower that had 7 CD drives in it, I bought several years ago.
    >I don't see a number on it though. I've used it for putting extra drives in.
    >It appears the power supply died. It says it is a TOPOWER TOP300SS power supply.
    >I didn't dig up much on the internet trying to find one. It appears to be
    >an AT type supply, but has an extra 12-pin connector on it going to the tower.
    >I'm not sure what this is for though, as it doesn't appear the tower itself needs power.
    >
    >Does anyone have any information about it, either where to get one, what the
    >outputs are, can I get by without the extra 12-pin connector? Can I use a
    >regular supply and connect it in?
    >
    >If anyone has any information, or pointers, that would be appreciated.

    I could swear I used a standard PeeCee power supply replacement when one
    of my InfoTower's had a power supply that gave up its ghost.

    If you really need specs on the output of the various connectors, I sup-
    pose I could meter each on one of mine and provide you with some numbers.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

+ Reply to Thread