Re: RX2600 hangs (VMS 8.3) - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: RX2600 hangs (VMS 8.3) - VMS ; Malcolm, doesn't 'MC_xxx' sound like a Machine Check ? Volker....

  1. Re: RX2600 hangs (VMS 8.3)

    Malcolm,

    doesn't 'MC_xxx' sound like a Machine Check ?

    Volker.

  2. Re: RX2600 hangs (VMS 8.3)

    In article <475891be@flight>, Malcolm Dunnett writes:

    >Malcolm Dunnett wrote:
    >> Volker Halle wrote:
    >>> Malcolm,
    >>>
    >>> doesn't 'MC_xxx' sound like a Machine Check ?
    >>>
    >>> Volker.

    >> Yes, that was my first thought. I'm going to Google to see if I can find
    >> a document that explains the codes, in the meantime I hoped someone
    >> might know.

    > The system hung again. This time I tried to get the IPC menu to get a
    >crash dump and got no response. When I did the warm reset the system
    >wouldn't boot (got a little ways into the self test and stopped). Same
    >errors in the log.
    >
    > Smells a lot like a hardware problem to me.

    Nah, the prevailing air currents are just wafting the scent of the proNJ of
    the waters to you.

    Open the box and clean it out. These buggers have quite an air-flow through
    them. Mine gets a weekly vacuuming of the intake vents and a monthly "under
    the cover" cleaning with compressed air. You would not believe the crap that
    accumulates inside. It's worth a try. Reseat what you can inside too.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

+ Reply to Thread