OT: "Inventory Control" for non-VMS - VMS

This is a discussion on OT: "Inventory Control" for non-VMS - VMS ; Apologies for the OT post. I know some of my fellow VMSers here are also AIX knowledgeable. I'm looking for any tools that anyone is aware of which will allow me to keep files synchronized across multiple AIX instances (LPARs). ...

  1. OT: "Inventory Control" for non-VMS

    Apologies for the OT post. I know some of my fellow VMSers here are also
    AIX knowledgeable.

    I'm looking for any tools that anyone is aware of which will allow me to
    keep files synchronized across multiple AIX instances (LPARs). We lose
    the shared disk paradigm of OpenVMS clusters. Hence, scripts, etc. must
    be copied to each individual instance's private storage.

    Any tips that anyone might have would be most helpful.

    I asked this question on the Cerner listserv and got no responses.

    David J Dachtera
    DJE Systems

  2. Re: OT: "Inventory Control" for non-VMS

    David J Dachtera wrote on 5/12/2007 :
    > Apologies for the OT post. I know some of my fellow VMSers here are also
    > AIX knowledgeable.
    >
    > I'm looking for any tools that anyone is aware of which will allow me to
    > keep files synchronized across multiple AIX instances (LPARs). We lose
    > the shared disk paradigm of OpenVMS clusters. Hence, scripts, etc. must
    > be copied to each individual instance's private storage.
    >
    > Any tips that anyone might have would be most helpful.
    >
    > I asked this question on the Cerner listserv and got no responses.
    >
    > David J Dachtera
    > DJE Systems

    Some plumbing with NFS, MAKE, and CRON will do the trick, won't it ?

    --
    Marc Van Dyck

  3. Re: OT: "Inventory Control" for non-VMS

    In article <47570C59.DF27075C@spam.comcast.net>, David J Dachtera writes:
    > Apologies for the OT post. I know some of my fellow VMSers here are also
    > AIX knowledgeable.
    >
    > I'm looking for any tools that anyone is aware of which will allow me to
    > keep files synchronized across multiple AIX instances (LPARs). We lose
    > the shared disk paradigm of OpenVMS clusters. Hence, scripts, etc. must
    > be copied to each individual instance's private storage.
    >
    > Any tips that anyone might have would be most helpful.
    >
    > I asked this question on the Cerner listserv and got no responses.

    Most folks use rsynch. I'm sure there are others.

  4. Re: OT: "Inventory Control" for non-VMS

    Marc Van Dyck wrote:

    > David J Dachtera wrote on 5/12/2007 :
    > > Apologies for the OT post. I know some of my fellow VMSers here are also
    > > AIX knowledgeable.
    > >
    > > I'm looking for any tools that anyone is aware of which will allow me to
    > > keep files synchronized across multiple AIX instances (LPARs). We lose
    > > the shared disk paradigm of OpenVMS clusters. Hence, scripts, etc. must
    > > be copied to each individual instance's private storage.
    > >
    > > Any tips that anyone might have would be most helpful.
    > >
    > > I asked this question on the Cerner listserv and got no responses.
    > >
    > > David J Dachtera
    > > DJE Systems

    > Some plumbing with NFS, MAKE, and CRON will do the trick, won't it ?

    Depends. The source might be any one of 16 or more PCs in the
    developer's areas.

    David J Dachtera
    DJE Systems

+ Reply to Thread