%TCPIP-E-ROUTEERROR when attempting to remove a dynamic route. - VMS

This is a discussion on %TCPIP-E-ROUTEERROR when attempting to remove a dynamic route. - VMS ; I'm running the following versions of VMS and TCPIP services.... TCPIP> show version DIGITAL TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V5.0A on a COMPAQ AlphaServer DS20E 500 MHzP running OpenVMS V7.2-1 These are the routes defined in the dynamic table.... ...

  1. %TCPIP-E-ROUTEERROR when attempting to remove a dynamic route.

    I'm running the following versions of VMS and TCPIP services....
    TCPIP> show version
    DIGITAL TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V5.0A
    on a COMPAQ AlphaServer DS20E 500 MHzP running OpenVMS V7.2-1

    These are the routes defined in the dynamic table....

    TCPIP> show route
    DYNAMIC
    Type Destination Gateway
    DN 10.0.0.0/ 8 172.16.1.12
    AH 10.35.174.0 172.16.1.12
    DH 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
    AN 172.0.0.0/ 8 172.16.1.102
    DN 172.16.0.0/16 172.16.1.22
    DH 172.16.1.22 172.16.1.102
    AN 172.20.0.0/16 172.16.1.8
    DN 172.20.0.0/16 172.16.1.102
    AN 172.40.0.0/16 172.20.251.9
    DH 172.40.80.4 6.4.0.0
    AH 172.40.81.2 6.4.0.0

    When I try to remove routes to the 6.4.0.0 gateway, I get this
    error...
    TCPIP> set noroute 172.40.80.4 /gateway=6.4.0.0
    %TCPIP-E-ROUTEERROR, error accessing routes database (TCPIP$ROUTE)
    -SYSTEM-F-BADPARAM, bad parameter value

    Any idea to how to fix this?
    Thanks.
    Doug

  2. Re: %TCPIP-E-ROUTEERROR when attempting to remove a dynamic route.

    S3 wrote:
    > I'm running the following versions of VMS and TCPIP services....
    > TCPIP> show version
    > DIGITAL TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V5.0A
    > on a COMPAQ AlphaServer DS20E 500 MHzP running OpenVMS V7.2-1
    >
    > These are the routes defined in the dynamic table....
    >
    > TCPIP> show route
    > DYNAMIC
    > Type Destination Gateway
    > DN 10.0.0.0/ 8 172.16.1.12
    > AH 10.35.174.0 172.16.1.12
    > DH 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
    > AN 172.0.0.0/ 8 172.16.1.102
    > DN 172.16.0.0/16 172.16.1.22
    > DH 172.16.1.22 172.16.1.102
    > AN 172.20.0.0/16 172.16.1.8
    > DN 172.20.0.0/16 172.16.1.102
    > AN 172.40.0.0/16 172.20.251.9
    > DH 172.40.80.4 6.4.0.0
    > AH 172.40.81.2 6.4.0.0
    >
    > When I try to remove routes to the 6.4.0.0 gateway, I get this
    > error...
    > TCPIP> set noroute 172.40.80.4 /gateway=6.4.0.0
    > %TCPIP-E-ROUTEERROR, error accessing routes database (TCPIP$ROUTE)
    > -SYSTEM-F-BADPARAM, bad parameter value
    >
    > Any idea to how to fix this?

    Maybe, I got similar errors some time ago. Two possibilities:

    (1) does TCPIP 5.0A already have tcpip$define_commands.com in
    SYS$STARTUP (search list logical name) directory. If yes, then
    do @sys$startup:tcpip$define_commands.com and use the route
    command - this may work. Use netstat -r to list the routes.

    (2) Look at the output of

    $ TCPIP sho comm
    $ TCPIP sho conf comm

    Is there anything strange with the domain name? If yes, correct
    it, and try the set noroute command again.

    HTH
    Albrecht

+ Reply to Thread