I think my programmer may have found the issue - here's his response:

I think I found it - it was my undertsanding that by calling $QIO function
with the "IO$M_SHUTDOWN" qualifier - that it would close and deassign the
channel. IT DOES NOT.

Lisa Morris
Dana Corporation
Sealing Products Division
(630) 271-4698

Lisa.Morris@dana.com
12/03/2007 09:15 AM
Please respond to Info-TCPware

To: info-tcpware@process.com
cc:
Subject: Anyone else see this before

I am running Open VMS 7.3-2 and TCPWare Version 5.7-2. I have users who
log in with scanners - when I do a show process on their ID - it looks
like this:

LISA_ES1> show proc/id=20E2398B

3-DEC-2007 09:08:40.52 User: 7951 Process ID: 20E2398B
Node: LISES1 Process name: "7951
MGUKMS"

Terminal: NTA14: (10.55.53.52)
User Identifier: [450,123]
Base priority: 4
Default file spec: Not available
Number of Kthreads: 1

Devices allocated: TCP17996:
TCP17998:
TCP18009:
TCP18012:
TCP18026:
TCP18034:
TCP18036:
TCP18069:
TCP18088:
TCP18091:
TCP18094:
TCP18119:
TCP18125:
TCP18131:
TCP18168:
TCP18171:
TCP18177:
TCP18181:
TCP18183:
TCP18192:
TCP18195:
TCP18219:
TCP18247:
TCP18249:
TCP18259:
TCP18261:
TCP18267:
TCP18268:
TCP18295:
TCP18301:
TCP18304:
TCP18309:
TCP18312:
TCP18332:
TCP18382:
TCP18383:
LISES1$NTA14:

Soft CPU Affinity: off

Does anyone know or has seen all of these devices allocated....what can
this be....once they log off - or exit out of the command they are running
- all of these TCP devices disappear....???

Lisa Morris
Dana Corporation
Sealing Products Division
(630) 271-4698

This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended solely for use by the
addressee(s) named above. It may contain the confidential or proprietary
information of Dana Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliates or business
partners. If you are not the intende d recipient of this e-mail or are an
unauthorized recipient of the information, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or any
attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, p
Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check
this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Dana
Corporation accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.
English, Francais, Espanol, Deutsch, Italiano, Portugues:
http://www.dana.com/overview/EmailDisclaimer.shtm