New Address for SMTP Mail from Multinet V4.4 - VMS

This is a discussion on New Address for SMTP Mail from Multinet V4.4 - VMS ; I need to switch the SMTP server (connected to the internet) for the SMTP queues on OpenVMS Alpha V7.3-1 with Multinet V4.4 to a new IP address. Can I do this without rebooting by making some changes and restarting something? ...

  1. New Address for SMTP Mail from Multinet V4.4

    I need to switch the SMTP server (connected to the internet) for the SMTP
    queues on OpenVMS Alpha V7.3-1 with Multinet V4.4 to a new IP address.
    Can I do this without rebooting by making some changes and restarting
    something? Would someone here pls outline the steps.

  2. Re: New Address for SMTP Mail from Multinet V4.4

    norm.raphael@metso.com wrote:

    > I need to switch the SMTP server (connected to the internet) for the
    > SMTP queues on OpenVMS Alpha V7.3-1 with Multinet V4.4 to a new IP
    > address.
    > Can I do this without rebooting by making some changes and restarting
    > something? Would someone here pls outline the steps.

    If I'm not mistaken - and I very well may be - I believe you could
    Google either his group or c.o.v. for Multinet and either MAIL or SMTP.
    PSC's on-line doc.'s are here as well. I think the on-line HELP should
    be useful, also. Not much different from any other change, except that
    you may need to look into using PD0 or some other "magic" to make the IP
    address appear to change (it won't - it will just an address on which
    the SMTP server might respond).

    Dunno. I've never considered what you appear to be attempting.

    David J Dachtera
    DJE Systems

+ Reply to Thread