On Dec 2, 2007 11:15 AM, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> Main, Kerry wrote:

I haven't used any of them, but I've heard of something like "Lojack
for Laptops".

The most interesting recovery story I've heard involved a guy whose
wife's laptop got stolen and she happened to be running SETI@home on
it.

So he got in touch with the good folks at U.Cal. and, after some legal
wrangling, they tracked down the location of the laptop the next time
it connected to the SETI servers.

Result: It was returned to its rightful owner.

< http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/22/s...stolen-laptop/

WWWebb