SFTP-Server? - VMS

This is a discussion on SFTP-Server? - VMS ; Hello, we are in the need of a SFTP-server. With Multinet 5.1 I couldn't find anything in the docs but I realized that there is something incorporated into SSH. But: is this something beta? Some tests produced somewhat strange results. ...

  1. SFTP-Server?

    Hello,

    we are in the need of a SFTP-server. With Multinet 5.1 I couldn't find anything
    in the docs but I realized that there is something incorporated into SSH. But:
    is this something beta? Some tests produced somewhat strange results. Thus,
    before I go into deeper testing: is this someting supported?

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    Immunbiologie
    D-79011 Freiburg, Germany

  2. Re: SFTP-Server?

    MultiNet support sftp and scp. I don't recall when we introduced sftp;
    need to check on that.

    info-multinet@process.com wrote:

    >I'm pretty sure HGFTP has a server if MultiNet doesn't.
    >
    >Rich
    >

    > gartmann@nonsense
    > .immunbio.mpg.de
    > (Christoph To
    > Gartmann) info-multinet@process.com
    > cc
    > 2007-12-01 16:00
    > Subject
    > SFTP-Server?
    > Please respond to
    > Info-MultiNet@pro
    > cess.com
    >

    >Hello,
    >
    >we are in the need of a SFTP-server. With Multinet 5.1 I couldn't find
    >anything
    >in the docs but I realized that there is something incorporated into SSH.
    >But:
    >is this something beta? Some tests produced somewhat strange results. Thus,
    >before I go into deeper testing: is this someting supported?
    >
    >Regards,
    > Christoph Gartmann
    >
    >--
    > Max-Planck-Institut fuer Phone : +49-761-5108-464 Fax: -452
    > Immunbiologie
    > Postfach 1169 Internet: gartmann@immunbio dot mpg dot de
    > D-79011 Freiburg, Germany
    > http://www.immunbio.mpg.de/home/menue.html

    Geoff Bryant bryant@process.com
    TCPware/MultiNet/PMDF/SSH/PreciseMail Engineering
    Process Software http://www.process.com/
    959 Concord St.
    Framingham, MA 01701 USA

  3. RE: SFTP-Server?

    SFTP-server is a fully supported SSH subsystem in MultiNet 5.1.

    What sort of unexpected results were you getting?

    we are in the need of a SFTP-server. With Multinet 5.1 I couldn't find
    anything
    in the docs but I realized that there is something incorporated into
    SSH. But:
    is this something beta? Some tests produced somewhat strange results.
    Thus,
    before I go into deeper testing: is this someting supported?

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    Immunbiologie
    Postfach 1169 Internet: gartmann@immunbio dot mpg dot
    de
    D-79011 Freiburg, Germany

  4. RE: SFTP-Server?

    In article <3EF96AF20489A34296050FBD5C36ECB9BDADA4@beacon.PSC. process.com>, Richard Whalen writes:
    >SFTP-server is a fully supported SSH subsystem in MultiNet 5.1.
    >
    >What sort of unexpected results were you getting?

    We tried to backup the configuration of our new Cisco VoIP system. We then
    get "invalid password" messages on the console although the correct password
    is provided. Now as we looked a bit deeper into it, the problem seems to be
    on Cisco's side.

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    Immunbiologie
    D-79011 Freiburg, Germany

  5. Re: SFTP-Server?

    In article , gartmann@nonsense.immunbio.mpg.de (Christoph Gartmann) writes:
    > Hello,
    >
    > we are in the need of a SFTP-server. With Multinet 5.1 I couldn't find anything
    > in the docs but I realized that there is something incorporated into SSH. But:
    > is this something beta? Some tests produced somewhat strange results. Thus,
    > before I go into deeper testing: is this someting supported?

    The beta version came out years ago and has long since been replaced
    by a production version. SSH, SFTP client and server, and such, have
    been available as a patch or ship with versions back at least to
    Multinet 4.4 .

+ Reply to Thread