system service / library routine for SET PROCESS /NAME= - VMS

This is a discussion on system service / library routine for SET PROCESS /NAME= - VMS ; I'd like to set the process name for a batch job from a (COBOL) program. What, if any, is the programmer's equivalent of $SET PROC /NAME=? -- Wilm Boerhout Zwolle, NL remove OLD PAINT from return address to reply...

  1. system service / library routine for SET PROCESS /NAME=

    --
    Wilm Boerhout Zwolle, NL
    remove OLD PAINT from return address to reply

  2. Re: system service / library routine for SET PROCESS /NAME=

    Wilm Boerhout schrieb:
    > I'd like to set the process name for a batch job from a (COBOL) program.
    >
    > What, if any, is the programmer's equivalent of $SET PROC /NAME=?

    $SETPRN

    See HELp SYSTEM $SETPRN .

    --

    Joseph Huber - http://www.huber-joseph.de

  3. Re: system service / library routine for SET PROCESS /NAME=

    Wilm Boerhout wrote:
    > I'd like to set the process name for a batch job from a (COBOL) program.
    >
    > What, if any, is the programmer's equivalent of $SET PROC /NAME=?

    SYS$SETPRN

  4. Re: system service / library routine for SET PROCESS /NAME=

    on 1-12-2007 18:58 Jan-Erik Söderholm wrote...

    > SYS$SETPRN

    Thx. I searched the help for PRC,PROC and NAM, and so did not find it.

    --
    Wilm Boerhout Zwolle, NL
    remove OLD PAINT from return address to reply

  5. Re: system service / library routine for SET PROCESS /NAME=

    Wilm Boerhout wrote:
    > on 1-12-2007 18:58 Jan-Erik Söderholm wrote...
    >

    >> SYS$SETPRN

    > Thx. I searched the help for PRC,PROC and NAM, and so did not find it.

    I opened the "System Services Ref Manual" PDF-file and
    searched for "set process name". First hit... :-)

+ Reply to Thread