Itanium / Integrity question - VMS

This is a discussion on Itanium / Integrity question - VMS ; In article , "Richard B. Gilbert" writes: > I don't see why you couldn't! Sharing a system disk could be > problematic but if you have N disks, N different operating systems > shouldn't be a problem. I believe that ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Itanium / Integrity question

    In article <4750BEF1.1020604@comcast.net>, "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    > I don't see why you couldn't! Sharing a system disk could be
    > problematic but if you have N disks, N different operating systems
    > shouldn't be a problem. I believe that one of my former employers had a
    > dual boot Alpha, VMS and True64.

    IIRC, you could set up an Alpha to boot VMS, Tru64, or Windows, but
    VMS had to have its own disk and the other two had to respect
    each others partitions.

  2. Re: Itanium / Integrity question

    In article <65jEb7YI8O6Y@eisner.encompasserve.org>, koehler@eisner.nospam.encompasserve.org (Bob Koehler) writes:
    >In article <4750BEF1.1020604@comcast.net>, "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    >> I don't see why you couldn't! Sharing a system disk could be
    >> problematic but if you have N disks, N different operating systems
    >> shouldn't be a problem. I believe that one of my former employers had a
    >> dual boot Alpha, VMS and True64.

    > IIRC, you could set up an Alpha to boot VMS, Tru64, or Windows, but

    and various flavours of Linux and BSD.

    David Webb
    Security team leader
    CCSS
    Middlesex University

    > VMS had to have its own disk and the other two had to respect
    > each others partitions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2