vms on blades today's update - VMS

This is a discussion on vms on blades today's update - VMS ; Yes, it was interesting. Many thanks to Sue, Annette Zurawski, John Shortt and Jim Janetos. Thanks also for providing free dialing numbers for non-US participants. It would be nice to see the presenter's face. Would also be nice to be ...

  1. vms on blades today's update

    Yes, it was interesting.

    Many thanks to Sue, Annette Zurawski, John Shortt and Jim Janetos.
    Thanks also for providing free dialing numbers for non-US participants.

    It would be nice to see the presenter's face.
    Would also be nice to be able to connect from unix or linux.

    Are there any performance/watt figures for a fully populated
    c7000 enclosure? (I understand it will vary.)

    --
    Anton Shterenlikht
    Room 2.6, Queen's Building

  2. Re: vms on blades today's update

    I thought was interesting and worth the 40 minute overrun, I
    discovered I could dial up the UK freephone number using skype with no
    calling credit so that's what I did.
    It covered things I did not know about blades. I counted up to 67
    people connected. I think they said they would do it again next year.

  3. Re: vms on blades today's update

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:57:27 -0800, IanMiller wrote:

    > I thought was interesting and worth the 40 minute overrun, I
    > discovered I could dial up the UK freephone number using skype with no
    > calling credit so that's what I did.
    > It covered things I did not know about blades. I counted up to 67
    > people connected. I think they said they would do it again next year.

    67? Now that should get managements attention.

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  4. Re: vms on blades today's update

    On Nov 30, 5:57 pm, IanMiller wrote:
    > I thought was interesting and worth the 40 minute overrun, I
    > discovered I could dial up the UK freephone number using skype with no
    > calling credit so that's what I did.
    > It covered things I did not know about blades. I counted up to 67
    > people connected. I think they said they would do it again next year.

    Gentlemen thank you for your response about the web cast, we had 50%
    of the people that registered showed up, that is a good percentage
    usually you expect around 20%.

    There is a white paper on blades performance at
    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/wh...ers/index.html

    This will be offered again as mentioned and because of the response we
    have been asked to come up with some other topics. What was very cool
    is that there were people that I did not know (and companies) that
    participated. I have been part of a lot of web casts this was the
    first one that had this many questions my guess is around 30-40 that
    Jim Janetos answered.

    Sue

  5. Re: vms on blades today's update

    In article , Sue writes:

    >On Nov 30, 5:57 pm, IanMiller wrote:
    >> I thought was interesting and worth the 40 minute overrun, I
    >> discovered I could dial up the UK freephone number using skype with no
    >> calling credit so that's what I did.
    >> It covered things I did not know about blades. I counted up to 67
    >> people connected. I think they said they would do it again next year.

    >Gentlemen thank you for your response about the web cast, we had 50%
    >of the people that registered showed up, that is a good percentage
    >usually you expect around 20%.
    >
    >There is a white paper on blades performance at
    >http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/wh...ers/index.html
    >
    >This will be offered again as mentioned and because of the response we
    >have been asked to come up with some other topics. What was very cool
    >is that there were people that I did not know (and companies) that
    >participated. I have been part of a lot of web casts this was the
    >first one that had this many questions my guess is around 30-40 that
    >Jim Janetos answered.

    I tried but could get in to access.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

+ Reply to Thread