Re: DS10: "failed to load execlet"? - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: DS10: "failed to load execlet"? - VMS ; From: winston@SSRL.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Alan Winston - SSRL Central Computing) > >> The CD drive reports itself as CD-224E 9.9A and looks like the OEM > >> drive. > > > > Teac, or was it as reticent/vague-about-details as you? > > ...

  1. Re: DS10: "failed to load execlet"?

    From: winston@SSRL.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Alan Winston - SSRL Central Computing)

    > >> The CD drive reports itself as CD-224E 9.9A and looks like the OEM
    > >> drive.

    > > Teac, or was it as reticent/vague-about-details as you?

    > I can't really tell easily. The faceplate matches the battleship-gray box of
    > the DS10. The drive is in a cage (with two other drives) which I don't see how
    > to remove, and I can't see any details on the CD. I'm way more of a software
    > person than a hardware person.

    Around here, ">>>SHOW DEVICE" reveals things like the maker:

    dqa0.0.0.107.0 DQA0 SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A 1.73

    > I'll see if someone around here has a SCSI drive.

    Or break up an old PC and extract its IDE drive. It's just that if
    you have one, an external drive can be easier to attach.

    > > The more I think about it, the more I think that it's probably a
    > >total loss. I'll pay the shipping if you want to shed the thing.

    > I think I detect irony.

    Nah. I'm always sincere.

    SMS.

  2. Re: DS10: "failed to load execlet"?

    In article <07113002034056_202647DE@antinode.org>, sms@antinode.org (Steven M. Schweda) writes:
    >From: winston@SSRL.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Alan Winston - SSRL Central Computing)

    >> > Teac, or was it as reticent/vague-about-details as you?

    >> I can't really tell easily. The faceplate matches the battleship-gray box of
    >> the DS10. The drive is in a cage (with two other drives) which I don't see how
    >> to remove, and I can't see any details on the CD. I'm way more of a software
    >> person than a hardware person.

    > Around here, ">>>SHOW DEVICE" reveals things like the maker:
    >
    >dqa0.0.0.107.0 DQA0 SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A 1.73

    When I said it reported itself as CD-224E 9.9A, I meant that's what was in the
    string on >>> SHOW DEVICE.

    Maybe this means the CD is messed up.

    >> I'll see if someone around here has a SCSI drive.

    > Or break up an old PC and extract its IDE drive. It's just that if
    >you have one, an external drive can be easier to attach.

    That's probably at the limit of my hardware skills.

    -- Alan

+ Reply to Thread