Infoserver 1000 Software - VMS

This is a discussion on Infoserver 1000 Software - VMS ; Part number is QA something or other on CDROM It's for a friend that can't find the right info I don't do vaxes and infoservers so any help would be appreciated -- David B Turner Island Computers US Corp 2700 ...

  1. Infoserver 1000 Software

    --
    David B Turner
    Island Computers US Corp

    T: 877-6364332 x201
    Intl: 001 912 447 6622
    E: dturner@islandco.com
    F: 912 201 0402
    W: http://www.islandco.com

    which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
    privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
    of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
    this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
    computers.

  2. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    In article <13kous169tufj03@news.supernews.com>, "David Turner, Island Computers" writes:
    > Part number is QA something or other on CDROM
    > It's for a friend that can't find the right info
    > I don't do vaxes and infoservers so any help would be appreciated

    Isn't that on the Freeware?

  3. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    No idea
    I was just asked if I knew of it and if I could get it for him
    Which freeware cd would have it - i.e. which vms version.
    I assume it isn't on current releases

    DT
    "Bob Koehler" wrote in message
    > In article <13kous169tufj03@news.supernews.com>, "David Turner, Island
    > Computers" writes:
    >> Part number is QA something or other on CDROM
    >> It's for a friend that can't find the right info
    >> I don't do vaxes and infoservers so any help would be appreciated
    >>

    > Isn't that on the Freeware?

  4. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    In article <13kous169tufj03@news.supernews.com>, "David Turner, Island Computers" writes:

    >Part number is QA something or other on CDROM
    >It's for a friend that can't find the right info
    >I don't do vaxes and infoservers so any help would be appreciated

    David,

    I have some copies here you are welcome to. I need to run out and I have
    a busy next few days. I'll try to remember to put a copy in the post for
    you.

    A post-it note reminder is on my main screen to remind me.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  5. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    David Turner, Island Computers wrote:
    > Part number is QA something or other on CDROM

    I couldn't find "QAsomething" nor "QAother" on the CDROM.

    But I did find, on a december 2004 vax distribution:

    "InfoServer Software"
    YSHAA 3.5A SSB NCH Y Y N INFOSERV035A 2

    So version 3.5A of InfoServer.

    There is also:

    "DEC InfoServer Client for VMS"
    GGWAA 1.0 SSB NCH Y N N ESS010 2

    I've sent a private email to Mr David. If anyone knows those software
    versions to not be the more recent ones, let me know. I might be able to
    get those to him faster than Mr VAXman who is busy trying to convert
    people to the Macintosh religion at the local shopping centre :-) :-)
    :-) :-)

    (Before you know it, we'll start having "mac owner, rabbi and a priest
    jokes :-) :-) :-)

  6. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    In article <13kp0cvpeupbfbf@news.supernews.com>, "David Turner, Island Computers" writes:
    > No idea
    > I was just asked if I knew of it and if I could get it for him
    > Which freeware cd would have it - i.e. which vms version.
    > I assume it isn't on current releases
    >
    > DT
    > "Bob Koehler" wrote in message
    >> In article <13kous169tufj03@news.supernews.com>, "David Turner, Island
    >> Computers" writes:
    >>> Part number is QA something or other on CDROM
    >>> It's for a friend that can't find the right info
    >>> I don't do vaxes and infoservers so any help would be appreciated
    >>>

    >> Isn't that on the Freeware?

    The later the release the more likely, since it took a while to get
    approval to include it.

  7. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    In article <29c90$474c9829$cef8887a$6383@TEKSAVVY.COM>, JF Mezei writes:

    >David Turner, Island Computers wrote:
    >> Part number is QA something or other on CDROM

    >I couldn't find "QAsomething" nor "QAother" on the CDROM.
    >
    >But I did find, on a december 2004 vax distribution:
    >
    >"InfoServer Software"
    >YSHAA 3.5A SSB NCH Y Y N INFOSERV035A 2
    >
    >So version 3.5A of InfoServer.

    OK. I have serveral InforServer V3.4/Base Level 7/March 1996 CDs.
    David may want the more recent version which I too would have to
    pull from the same distro you have cited.

    >I've sent a private email to Mr David. If anyone knows those software
    >versions to not be the more recent ones, let me know. I might be able to
    >get those to him faster than Mr VAXman who is busy trying to convert
    >people to the Macintosh religion at the local shopping centre :-) :-)
    >:-) :-)

    Not tonight. No proselytizing to the heathen Micro$ofties this eve.
    My son received his varsity letter at school this eve.

    >(Before you know it, we'll start having "mac owner, rabbi and a priest
    >jokes :-) :-) :-)

    Check in rec.humor.mac-owner.rabbi.priest

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  8. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    to confirm is this the QA-0UWAA-AA
    This is the software he needs
    If anyone does have this I would be grateful but as I am not selling it -
    just looking for it for a friend - I can't really offer anything for it
    except my thanks

    David

    "David Turner, Island Computers" wrote in
    message news:13kous169tufj03@news.supernews.com...
    > Part number is QA something or other on CDROM
    > It's for a friend that can't find the right info
    > I don't do vaxes and infoservers so any help would be appreciated
    >

    > --
    > David B Turner
    > Island Computers US Corp
    > 2700 Gregory St, Suite 180
    > Savannah GA 31404
    >
    > T: 877-6364332 x201
    > Intl: 001 912 447 6622
    > E: dturner@islandco.com
    > F: 912 201 0402
    > W: http://www.islandco.com

    > which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
    > privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
    > use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
    > persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
    > you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
    > material from all computers.

  9. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    The latest version is 3.5A like JF already mentioned. It is included in
    VMS Freeware kit #8 (on CDs) and found on
    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/freeware/f...80/infoserver/

    Regards,

    Kari

    David Turner, Island Computers wrote:
    > to confirm is this the QA-0UWAA-AA
    > This is the software he needs
    > If anyone does have this I would be grateful but as I am not selling it -
    > just looking for it for a friend - I can't really offer anything for it
    > except my thanks
    >
    > David
    >

    > "David Turner, Island Computers" wrote in
    > message news:13kous169tufj03@news.supernews.com...
    >> Part number is QA something or other on CDROM
    >> It's for a friend that can't find the right info
    >> I don't do vaxes and infoservers so any help would be appreciated
    >>

    >> --
    >> David B Turner
    >> Island Computers US Corp
    >> 2700 Gregory St, Suite 180
    >> Savannah GA 31404
    >>
    >> T: 877-6364332 x201
    >> Intl: 001 912 447 6622
    >> E: dturner@islandco.com
    >> F: 912 201 0402
    >> W: http://www.islandco.com
    >>

    >> The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
    >> which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
    >> privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
    >> use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
    >> persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
    >> you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
    >> material from all computers.

  10. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    In article <13kqqokhi0u65a1@news.supernews.com>, "David Turner, Island Computers" writes:

    >to confirm is this the QA-0UWAA-AA
    >This is the software he needs
    >If anyone does have this I would be grateful but as I am not selling it -
    >just looking for it for a friend - I can't really offer anything for it
    >except my thanks

    David,

    I was just perusing one of the copies of my InfoServer CDs.

    In [INFOSERVER.LINE_DOCS]INFOSERV034_SPD.TXT I found:

    InfoServer CD/R Function Access CD Kit:
    QA-0UWAA-H8

    This was, IIRC, called the InfoServer Scribe. It enabled the used of a
    CD burner in the InfoServer.

    I can supply the InfoServer software (from one of my many CDs) but I do
    not have a copy of the 'Scribe' CD to enable the CD burning capability.

    The 'scribe' capability required certain CDR hardware. If they have the
    supported hardware now they are lucky. Trying to find the old CDRs that
    were required for use with the 'Scribe' software will be problematic. I
    doubt anyone would find any working model of a CD recorder from a decade
    ago.

    If they just want to access the InfoServer, that I can oblige. If they
    want to burn CDs, I'd suggest getting a new burner, hooking it up to an
    OpenVMS Alpha or Itanium and using the software available for OpenVMS CD
    burning.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  11. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    In article , VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:

    > I was just perusing one of the copies of my InfoServer CDs.
    >
    > In [INFOSERVER.LINE_DOCS]INFOSERV034_SPD.TXT I found:
    >
    > InfoServer CD/R Function Access CD Kit:
    > QA-0UWAA-H8
    >
    > This was, IIRC, called the InfoServer Scribe. It enabled the used of a
    > CD burner in the InfoServer.
    >
    > I can supply the InfoServer software (from one of my many CDs) but I do
    > not have a copy of the 'Scribe' CD to enable the CD burning capability.

    I do not believe there was software on the Scribe CD - just the unlock key.

    > The 'scribe' capability required certain CDR hardware. If they have the
    > supported hardware now they are lucky. Trying to find the old CDRs that
    > were required for use with the 'Scribe' software will be problematic. I
    > doubt anyone would find any working model of a CD recorder from a decade
    > ago.

    I bought one on eBay (as backup for the one I bought new) several years
    ago and had no problem with it. It was the original popular Sony model
    whose name escapes me at the moment. Originally they cost $8000, but on
    eBay they go for a couple hundred. Note that my buying a backup device is
    _not_ indicative of any problems with the original.

  12. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    On Nov 28, 1:29 pm, Kilgal...@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen) wrote:
    > In article , VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
    >
    > > I was just perusing one of the copies of my InfoServer CDs.

    > > In [INFOSERVER.LINE_DOCS]INFOSERV034_SPD.TXT I found:

    > > InfoServer CD/R Function Access CD Kit:
    > > QA-0UWAA-H8

    > > This was, IIRC, called the InfoServer Scribe. It enabled the used of a
    > > CD burner in the InfoServer.

    > > I can supply the InfoServer software (from one of my many CDs) but I do
    > > not have a copy of the 'Scribe' CD to enable the CD burning capability.

    > I do not believe there was software on the Scribe CD - just the unlock key.
    >
    > > The 'scribe' capability required certain CDR hardware. If they have the
    > > supported hardware now they are lucky. Trying to find the old CDRs that
    > > were required for use with the 'Scribe' software will be problematic. I
    > > doubt anyone would find any working model of a CD recorder from a decade
    > > ago.

    > I bought one on eBay (as backup for the one I bought new) several years
    > ago and had no problem with it. It was the original popular Sony model
    > whose name escapes me at the moment. Originally they cost $8000, but on
    > eBay they go for a couple hundred. Note that my buying a backup device is
    > _not_ indicative of any problems with the original.

    Hello
    Just wondering does he need the software at all. The Infoserver 1000
    has the os in flash memory not a hd like the
    100 or 150.
    phillip

  13. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    Thanks All

    I pointed him to the URL someone left me and I am going to leave it at that

    I appreciate all the help !!!!!!!!!!!!

    David
    wrote in message
    > On Nov 28, 1:29 pm, Kilgal...@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen) wrote:
    >> In article , VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG
    >> writes:
    >>
    >> > I was just perusing one of the copies of my InfoServer CDs.

    >> > In [INFOSERVER.LINE_DOCS]INFOSERV034_SPD.TXT I found:

    >> > InfoServer CD/R Function Access CD Kit:
    >> > QA-0UWAA-H8

    >> > This was, IIRC, called the InfoServer Scribe. It enabled the used of a
    >> > CD burner in the InfoServer.

    >> > I can supply the InfoServer software (from one of my many CDs) but I do
    >> > not have a copy of the 'Scribe' CD to enable the CD burning capability.

    >> I do not believe there was software on the Scribe CD - just the unlock
    >> key.
    >>
    >> > The 'scribe' capability required certain CDR hardware. If they have
    >> > the
    >> > supported hardware now they are lucky. Trying to find the old CDRs
    >> > that
    >> > were required for use with the 'Scribe' software will be problematic.
    >> > doubt anyone would find any working model of a CD recorder from a
    >> > decade
    >> > ago.

    >> I bought one on eBay (as backup for the one I bought new) several years
    >> ago and had no problem with it. It was the original popular Sony model
    >> whose name escapes me at the moment. Originally they cost $8000, but on
    >> eBay they go for a couple hundred. Note that my buying a backup device
    >> is
    >> _not_ indicative of any problems with the original.

    > Hello
    > Just wondering does he need the software at all. The Infoserver 1000
    > has the os in flash memory not a hd like the
    > 100 or 150.
    > phillip

  14. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    In article <2NRhwCRqoI$c@eisner.encompasserve.org>, Kilgallen@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen) writes:

    >In article , VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
    >
    >> I was just perusing one of the copies of my InfoServer CDs.
    >>
    >> In [INFOSERVER.LINE_DOCS]INFOSERV034_SPD.TXT I found:
    >>
    >> InfoServer CD/R Function Access CD Kit:
    >> QA-0UWAA-H8
    >>
    >> This was, IIRC, called the InfoServer Scribe. It enabled the used of a
    >> CD burner in the InfoServer.
    >>
    >> I can supply the InfoServer software (from one of my many CDs) but I do
    >> not have a copy of the 'Scribe' CD to enable the CD burning capability.

    >I do not believe there was software on the Scribe CD - just the unlock key.

    Correct Larry! I have the SCRIBE commands on my InfoServers but without
    the "unlock key" (QA-0UWAA-H8) these commands do nothing.

    >> The 'scribe' capability required certain CDR hardware. If they have the
    >> supported hardware now they are lucky. Trying to find the old CDRs that
    >> were required for use with the 'Scribe' software will be problematic. I
    >> doubt anyone would find any working model of a CD recorder from a decade
    >> ago.

    >I bought one on eBay (as backup for the one I bought new) several years
    >ago and had no problem with it. It was the original popular Sony model
    >whose name escapes me at the moment. Originally they cost $8000, but on
    >eBay they go for a couple hundred. Note that my buying a backup device is
    >_not_ indicative of any problems with the original.

    I have a Yamaha CRW2200S on a SCSI bus which has been working fine; albeit,
    I don't burn CDs like I used to. The first Yamaha model I had has a very
    short lifespan. However, since LD makes a container, I can burn that file
    using Toast on a Mac. One of these days I need to try Toast'ing a. OpenVMS
    DVD.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  15. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    In article <0133b83b-f4ba-48e5-a10c-5a39c19ea34e@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, "tomarsin2015@comcast.net" writes:

    >On Nov 28, 1:29 pm, Kilgal...@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen) wrote:
    >> In article , VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
    >>
    >> > I was just perusing one of the copies of my InfoServer CDs.

    >> > In [INFOSERVER.LINE_DOCS]INFOSERV034_SPD.TXT I found:

    >> > InfoServer CD/R Function Access CD Kit:
    >> > QA-0UWAA-H8

    >> > This was, IIRC, called the InfoServer Scribe. It enabled the used of a
    >> > CD burner in the InfoServer.

    >> > I can supply the InfoServer software (from one of my many CDs) but I do
    >> > not have a copy of the 'Scribe' CD to enable the CD burning capability.

    >> I do not believe there was software on the Scribe CD - just the unlock key.
    >>
    >> > The 'scribe' capability required certain CDR hardware. If they have the
    >> > supported hardware now they are lucky. Trying to find the old CDRs that
    >> > were required for use with the 'Scribe' software will be problematic. I
    >> > doubt anyone would find any working model of a CD recorder from a decade
    >> > ago.

    >> I bought one on eBay (as backup for the one I bought new) several years
    >> ago and had no problem with it. It was the original popular Sony model
    >> whose name escapes me at the moment. Originally they cost $8000, but on
    >> eBay they go for a couple hundred. Note that my buying a backup device is
    >> _not_ indicative of any problems with the original.

    >Hello
    >Just wondering does he need the software at all. The Infoserver 1000
    >has the os in flash memory not a hd like the
    >100 or 150.
    >phillip

    If there is no OS in the Flash, he'll need the CD.

    I suspect that, from the part number given, that it is the 'Scribe' function
    key that is needed. If the InfoServer has an OS, the 'Scribe' functionality
    is there but crippled.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  16. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    Larry Kilgallen wrote:
    > In article , VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
    >
    >> I was just perusing one of the copies of my InfoServer CDs.
    >>
    >> In [INFOSERVER.LINE_DOCS]INFOSERV034_SPD.TXT I found:
    >>
    >> InfoServer CD/R Function Access CD Kit:
    >> QA-0UWAA-H8
    >>
    >> This was, IIRC, called the InfoServer Scribe. It enabled the used of a
    >> CD burner in the InfoServer.
    >>
    >> I can supply the InfoServer software (from one of my many CDs) but I do
    >> not have a copy of the 'Scribe' CD to enable the CD burning capability.

    > I do not believe there was software on the Scribe CD - just the unlock key.
    >
    >> The 'scribe' capability required certain CDR hardware. If they have the
    >> supported hardware now they are lucky. Trying to find the old CDRs that
    >> were required for use with the 'Scribe' software will be problematic. I
    >> doubt anyone would find any working model of a CD recorder from a decade
    >> ago.

    > I bought one on eBay (as backup for the one I bought new) several years
    > ago and had no problem with it. It was the original popular Sony model
    > whose name escapes me at the moment. Originally they cost $8000, but on
    > eBay they go for a couple hundred. Note that my buying a backup device is
    > _not_ indicative of any problems with the original.

    Quite true, there is only the so called "CDR Function", which enables
    the CDR usage of the Infoserver software.

    I assume that the software can be used with most SCSI CD Writers. At the
    time the software was developed, there was probably picked a bunch of
    known good CD Writers to qualify with. The speed of the modern CDR
    Drives might be too much for the old Infoserver hardware as it is SCSI-1.

    I've planned to test the CDR functionality with a modern drive in near
    future.

    Regards,

    Kari

  17. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    > In article <0133b83b-f4ba-48e5-a10c-5a39c19ea34e@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, "tomarsin2015@comcast.net" writes:

    >>> I do not believe there was software on the Scribe CD - just the unlock key.

    >>> I bought one on eBay (as backup for the one I bought new) several years
    >>> ago and had no problem with it. It was the original popular Sony model
    >>> whose name escapes me at the moment. Originally they cost $8000, but on
    >>> eBay they go for a couple hundred. Note that my buying a backup device is
    >>> _not_ indicative of any problems with the original.

    >> Hello
    >> Just wondering does he need the software at all. The Infoserver 1000
    >> has the os in flash memory not a hd like the
    >> 100 or 150.
    >> phillip

    > If there is no OS in the Flash, he'll need the CD.
    >
    > I suspect that, from the part number given, that it is the 'Scribe' function
    > key that is needed. If the InfoServer has an OS, the 'Scribe' functionality
    > is there but crippled.

    Was the tape key ever released?

    I don't need the CDR functionality in the Infoserver, but it would be
    handy to hang a tape drive off it.

    Chris Scheers, Applied Synergy, Inc.

    Voice: 817-237-3360 Internet: chris@applied-synergy.com
    Fax: 817-237-3074

  18. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    In article <5r8mqmF12q840U1@mid.individual.net>, Chris Scheers writes:
    >{...snip...}
    >Was the tape key ever released?
    >
    >I don't need the CDR functionality in the Infoserver, but it would be
    >handy to hang a tape drive off it.

    As you know, I've collected several InfoServer/InfoTowers and I was
    even handed an InfoServer 150XVT. I don't have any X terms needing
    to be booted and I have a better and faster CD burner hanging off of
    the SCSI bus. However, a tape on one InfoServer might come in handy.

    I recently needed to run VAX VMS V5.0 -- believe it or not -- for a
    code build for a customer!

    The ONLY machine upon which I could boot this old a version of VMS was
    the very first VAX I purchased -- a MicroVAX-2000. I needed to swap
    all sorts of cables, etc. to get a tape drive on the UV2k. I had to
    resurrect the old TK50Z-GA too. Last time the UV2k was booted was in
    early 1998! I forgot how loud an RD54 can be.

    If you come across the tape function, do let me know. I'd like to
    give it a shot on one of my ISs.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  19. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    On Nov 29, 4:02 pm, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    > In article <5r8mqmF12q84...@mid.individual.net>, Chris Scheers writes:
    > >{...snip...}
    > >Was the tape key ever released?

    > >I don't need the CDR functionality in the Infoserver, but it would be
    > >handy to hang a tape drive off it.

    > As you know, I've collected several InfoServer/InfoTowers and I was
    > even handed an InfoServer 150XVT. I don't have any X terms needing
    > to be booted and I have a better and faster CD burner hanging off of
    > the SCSI bus. However, a tape on one InfoServer might come in handy.
    >
    > I recently needed to run VAX VMS V5.0 -- believe it or not -- for a
    > code build for a customer!
    >
    > The ONLY machine upon which I could boot this old a version of VMS was
    > the very first VAX I purchased -- a MicroVAX-2000. I needed to swap
    > all sorts of cables, etc. to get a tape drive on the UV2k. I had to
    > resurrect the old TK50Z-GA too. Last time the UV2k was booted was in
    > early 1998! I forgot how loud an RD54 can be.
    >
    > If you come across the tape function, do let me know. I'd like to
    > give it a shot on one of my ISs.
    > --
    > VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM
    >
    > "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"
    >
    > http://tmesis.com/drat.html

    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/freeware/f...80/infoserver/

    The readme says the licenses for scribe and tape are included. Its
    running way too slow for me to check right now.

    I fully intend to get my IS1000 upgraded so I can run the tape drive
    there and do incremental backups to it from all three home systems,
    but time just hasn't allowed.

  20. Re: Infoserver 1000 Software

    In article <2402044a-6249-49bf-871d-4b26df2693f6@e67g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, Rich Jordan writes:

    >On Nov 29, 4:02 pm, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    >> In article <5r8mqmF12q84...@mid.individual.net>, Chris Scheers writes:
    >> >{...snip...}
    >> >Was the tape key ever released?

    >> >I don't need the CDR functionality in the Infoserver, but it would be
    >> >handy to hang a tape drive off it.

    >> As you know, I've collected several InfoServer/InfoTowers and I was
    >> even handed an InfoServer 150XVT. I don't have any X terms needing
    >> to be booted and I have a better and faster CD burner hanging off of
    >> the SCSI bus. However, a tape on one InfoServer might come in handy.
    >>
    >> I recently needed to run VAX VMS V5.0 -- believe it or not -- for a
    >> code build for a customer!
    >>
    >> The ONLY machine upon which I could boot this old a version of VMS was
    >> the very first VAX I purchased -- a MicroVAX-2000. I needed to swap
    >> all sorts of cables, etc. to get a tape drive on the UV2k. I had to
    >> resurrect the old TK50Z-GA too. Last time the UV2k was booted was in
    >> early 1998! I forgot how loud an RD54 can be.
    >>
    >> If you come across the tape function, do let me know. I'd like to
    >> give it a shot on one of my ISs.
    >> --
    >> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM
    >>
    >> "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"
    >>
    >> http://tmesis.com/drat.html

    >http://h71000.www7.hp.com/freeware/f...80/infoserver/
    >
    >The readme says the licenses for scribe and tape are included. Its
    >running way too slow for me to check right now.
    >
    >I fully intend to get my IS1000 upgraded so I can run the tape drive
    >there and do incremental backups to it from all three home systems,
    >but time just hasn't allowed.

    Excellent! It looks like a group of disk images (judging by the .IMG file
    extensions).

    I have the the V8.0 Freeware but I really haven't had the time to peruse
    it all.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

+ Reply to Thread